Plus Net

Old December 18th 03, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nice Chap

Default Plus Net

Has anybody tried PlusNet and if so how is it ?

Old December 18th 03, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Nice Chap" wrote in message
. net...
Has anybody tried PlusNet and if so how is it ?

I have found them to be a very good provider. Support is generally good.

Reliability has been good over the last few months.

Throughput is generally at the top end of what you'd expect out of ADSL.

The only re-ocurring complaint is completion and retention on the binary
newsgroups, but as discussed here recently this is an issue for most if not
all UK ISP's at the moment. The text newsgroups are ok.

Also with most ADSL accounts you get some free webspace, MySQL database, PHP
and Front Page extensions.

You can get a free 0845 fax number for inbound fax to email, completely free
as long as you use it every now and then.

If you do sign up kindly quote my username walespc on the form so I might
get a referral bonus (only applies to some accounts).

Jc.

Old December 18th 03, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nice Chap

Hi Josey,

I have ordered plus net, please note that I have stated your id as
reference. Hopefully you will receive the bonus !! Merry Christmas bye...

Old December 18th 03, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gus

like all ISP's they have there bad weeks and good weeks. Used to be Pipex
everyone swore by but noticed like ever other ISP, they got swamped and
everyone bitched at them a few months after singing there praises.

I've been with PN for 3+ years now and the reason I stay is better the devil
you know. Plus I know which buttons to press if I need something actioned,
usually the more public CS you see in here and on adslguide. If not I'll use
the normal support routes for anything else.

So there cheap most of the time and if you know which CS to mail you can get
a quicker fix. But you just have to becareful when dealing with the
Accounts dept. dont think they see the light of day much as error city
there.

Also a bit of advice about all inclusive Modem/DSL packages DO NOT use it,
most of the time there's sourcing Modem problems so buy your own.

Old December 19th 03, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
public mike

Can't sing their praises high enough

Bent over backwards to get me up and running after a transfer (BT were a pig
at ceasing the line)
Service runs like a dream
They rang me up to tell me the status of my installation
Customer service technically and personally excellent

Cheers, Mike

Old December 19th 03, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
noone

totally agree, just joined them from existing provider and also phoned me to
tell me that connection was active, now they just need to get their usenet
service sorted out.

Old December 20th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
·.¸¸.·´¯`Dominion´¯`·.¸¸.·

"noone" wrote in message
-snip-
now they just need to get their usenet
service sorted out.

Don't worry too much about that as you have to master Usenet first ;-)

--
·.¸¸.·´¯`Dominion´¯`·.¸¸.Top posters read.
http://www.html-faq.com/faq.php?clue=topposting

Old December 21st 03, 03:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
·.¸¸.·´¯`Shit Fer Brains´¯`·.¸¸.·

Get ****ed, cock sucker.

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:52:10 -0000, "·.¸¸.·´¯`Dominion´¯`·.¸¸.·"
wrote:

-snip-

Old December 21st 03, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
·.¸¸.·´¯`Dominion´¯`·.¸¸.·

"..`**** Fer Brains`.." [email protected] wrote in message

Get ****ed, cock sucker.

So you found out I have a use. What's your excuse Noob?

Dom

Old December 21st 03, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
·.¸¸.·´¯`Wango´¯`·.¸¸.·

"·.¸¸.·´¯`Dominion´¯`·.¸¸.·" wrote in message
.. .
-snip-
So you found out I have a use. What's your excuse Noob?

Dom

Watch out Dom the TPF can change his alias too ;-)

Wango

--