How hard is it to connect two wireless network adaptors?

Old December 18th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

Default How hard is it to connect two wireless network adaptors?

I'm planning on setting-up a wireless network using only two wireless
network cards (no router or wireless modem) using my existing BT Broadband
set-up (USB modem, Windows XP).

Can anyone tell me if this is difficult to do? What configuration do I need
to do?

Cheers.

Bobby

Old December 18th 03, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Bobby" wrote in message
I'm planning on setting-up a wireless network using only two wireless
network cards (no router or wireless modem) using my existing BT Broadband
set-up (USB modem, Windows XP).

Can anyone tell me if this is difficult to do? What configuration do I

need
to do?

Its quite simple.

Make sure the 2 cards are using the same channel, Network Name(SSID) and
they are set to Ad-Hoc mode not Infrastructure.

Probably better to try it with no encryption first, to check its working and
then enable security etc

Regards
Sunil

Old December 18th 03, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aj

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

"Bobby" wrote in message
I'm planning on setting-up a wireless network using only two wireless
network cards (no router or wireless modem) using my existing BT

Broadband
set-up (USB modem, Windows XP).

Can anyone tell me if this is difficult to do? What configuration do I

need
to do?

Try using ones of the same make Differnet makes should, in theory work with
each other, sometimes they do not want to play ball.

Old December 18th 03, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nick

tis easy. they connect ad-hoc. then you use ICS. thing is, you need to connect the gateway to the slave
pc every time you boot it, and by default its dhcp so you end up repairing the connection on the slave every
time you boot that one.