vigor router

Old December 19th 03, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJJ

Default vigor router

Hi & Merry Xmas
Is the DRaytek vigor 2600x any good ????

tnx in advance guys & gals
pjj

Old December 19th 03, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Griffin

I have a 2600 and it has never ever caused me a problem, you can also
route a second subnet through as well which is very handy.

Old December 19th 03, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bof

In message , PJJ
writes
Hi & Merry Xmas
Is the DRaytek vigor 2600x any good ????

I'm very pleased with mine, and I've found their support first class

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Old December 19th 03, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

Dunno, but my 2600G is on back-order, so I sure hope so!!

Old December 19th 03, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJJ

Many thanks guys
iv'e got one now just have to work our how best to set it up !

tnx again pjj

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
On 19/12/03 7:20 pm, in article ,

"Roderick
Stewart" wrote:

In article , Pjj wrote:
Hi & Merry Xmas
Is the DRaytek vigor 2600x any good ????

I couldn't comment on the ISDN capabilities of the "x" version, but the
basic 2600, which only does ADSL, has worked flawlessly for me since I
first switched it on.

Its super - I used it for 2 years as an iSDN router and for the last 12
months as an adsl router.

Old December 20th 03, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJJ

Well it works bloody good as well (fast)
any body fill me in on the nat etc for best scurity

Old December 21st 03, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"PJJ" wrote in message
Well it works bloody good as well (fast)
any body fill me in on the nat etc for best scurity

Check out the draytek forums on their site :-) They remove ppl like me who
don't own a vigor but I'm sure you'll find it v. useful

Old December 21st 03, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

In article , THatDudeUK wrote:
Check out the draytek forums on their site :-) They remove ppl like me who
don't own a vigor but I'm sure you'll find it v. useful

How do they know whether you own one or not? I didn't have to quote a receipt
number to join.

Rod.