Which ISP/Wireless Router and ADSL Modem?

Old December 19th 03, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

Default Which ISP/Wireless Router and ADSL Modem?

Hi All,

Having a Pipex connection, DLink DI614+ Wireless Router and 3Com HomeConnect
Dual Link ADSL Modem, I've now (I think) realised that the combination
doesn't do what I want it to, namely wirelessly share my Pipex broadband
connection around the house. As I understand it, the DLink router WAN port
only works with Ethernet, and Pipex is PPPoA. I'd like a situation where I
don't need any particular PC switched on, and the router to 'take care' of
the connection, via the ADSL modem, to the ISP. I'm struggling to do this
with my current set-up.

Ideally based on my existing equipment/ISP, any ideas about how I can get
things working as intended? Failing that, what are my options for getting
things working as planned (and ideally not junking the whole set-up!)

Thanks in advance

Andy