new firmware for Alcatel 330 - what's new?

Old December 19th 03, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.os.linux
robert w hall

Default new firmware for Alcatel 330 - what's new?

I gather there's a new version (3.01?) of the firmware for the Alcatel
330 adsl modem - does it do anything worth seeking it out for (in either
windows or linux)?
Bob
--
robert w hall
Old December 20th 03, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.os.linux
Tim

In message , robert w hall
writes
I gather there's a new version (3.01?) of the firmware for the Alcatel
330 adsl modem - does it do anything worth seeking it out for (in either
windows or linux)?
Bob

I installed it a week or so ago. Can't say I've noticed anything
different to be honest, in terms of either performance or 'bells and
whistles'.

--
Tim Westcott
Old December 20th 03, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.os.linux
Greg Hennessy

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:17:43 +0000, robert w hall
wrote:

I gather there's a new version (3.01?) of the firmware for the Alcatel
330 adsl modem - does it do anything worth seeking it out for (in either
windows or linux)?
Bob

Dunno about the 330, but the 510 upgrade added snmp and other useful bits
and pieces.

greg

--
Once you try my burger baby,you'll grow a new thyroid gland.
I said just eat my burger, baby,make you smart as Charlie Chan.
Old December 20th 03, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.os.linux
Les Thompson

In article , Tim
writes
In message , robert w hall
writes
I gather there's a new version (3.01?) of the firmware for the Alcatel
330 adsl modem - does it do anything worth seeking it out for (in either
windows or linux)?
Bob

I installed it a week or so ago. Can't say I've noticed anything
different to be honest, in terms of either performance or 'bells and
whistles'.

Same here, it worked before the upgrade, it still works now with
no apparent differences.
--
Les
Old December 21st 03, 01:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.os.linux
neurØM^nce®

"robert w hall" wrote in message
I gather there's a new version (3.01?) of the firmware for the Alcatel
330 adsl modem - does it do anything worth seeking it out for (in either
windows or linux)?
Bob

Anyone please have a link to download the firmware? Can't find anything on
http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/ other than the version Driver Upgrade 3.0.0
which I already have installed.

Old December 21st 03, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.os.linux
Tim

In message , neurØM^nce®
writes
"robert w hall" wrote in message
I gather there's a new version (3.01?) of the firmware for the Alcatel
330 adsl modem - does it do anything worth seeking it out for (in either
windows or linux)?
Bob

Anyone please have a link to download the firmware? Can't find anything on
http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/ other than the version Driver Upgrade 3.0.0
which I already have installed.

Http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/support.htm

You evidently already have the upgrade...

--
Tim Westcott
Old December 21st 03, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.os.linux
Les Thompson

In article , Tim
writes
In message , neurØM^nce®
writes
"robert w hall" wrote in message
I gather there's a new version (3.01?) of the firmware for the Alcatel
330 adsl modem - does it do anything worth seeking it out for (in either
windows or linux)?
Bob

Anyone please have a link to download the firmware? Can't find anything on
http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/ other than the version Driver Upgrade 3.0.0
which I already have installed.

Http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/support.htm

You evidently already have the upgrade...

The firmware version here is 330 3.0.4 and the files are 300.7.0.2 after
installing the upgrade currently on the site listed as new.
Operationally I can't see any difference with these drivers using
windows XP.
--
Les
Old December 21st 03, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.os.linux
neurØM^nce®

Http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/support.htm

You evidently already have the upgrade...

The firmware version here is 330 3.0.4 and the files are 300.7.0.2 after
installing the upgrade currently on the site listed as new.
Operationally I can't see any difference with these drivers using
windows XP.
--
Les

Yes those are the same versions my Diagnostics is showing, so I guess it's
just the driver update then. I had thought the aforementioned firmware
upgrade would be a flash of the actual modem hardware.