broadband voice.. ip telephone

Old December 19th 03, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
repo

Default broadband voice.. ip telephone

hi..

anyone have any experience with broadband voice, bt's recent thing.

Old December 19th 03, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

repo wrote:
hi..

anyone have any experience with broadband voice, bt's
recent thing.

I got connected today. What do you want to know?

Old December 19th 03, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rat

what is the quality like..
as yet have you noticed any effect on your b/band connection.. does it drag
it down quite a bit

cheers

Old December 20th 03, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Burton

"dd" wrote in message
repo wrote:
hi..

anyone have any experience with broadband voice, bt's
recent thing.

I got connected today. What do you want to know?

This looked interesting to me but I couldn't find any information on
how much it costs to make a call *to* the new numbers.
Does anyone know?

Old December 20th 03, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"John Burton" wrote in message
.. .
"dd" wrote in message
repo wrote:
hi..

anyone have any experience with broadband voice, bt's
recent thing.

I got connected today. What do you want to know?

This looked interesting to me but I couldn't find any information on
how much it costs to make a call *to* the new numbers.
Does anyone know?

5p/min to the "05" number range that BT is using.

Regards
Sunil

Old December 20th 03, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On 20 Dec 2003 14:28, "John Burton" wrote:

This looked interesting to me but I couldn't find any information on
how much it costs to make a call *to* the new numbers.
Does anyone know?

5p/min at all times (*). If you have caller display, you could call
back and off-peak that would be an inclusive call, so would be within
the cost of the monthly package amount.

(*) someone pointed out that there are a few BT allocations of 05xx
numbers and checking the BT Price List, they're all charged on the
same charge band (as per BT's method). I checked and they were 5p
at all times when I looked within the last couple of weeks (most
likely the day this was first posted). I didn't keep track of
the URLs but www.serviceview.bt.com is a starting point :-)

(BT UK Price List, Main Contents, Section 2 ... part 10 about
05xxx numbering and charge bands, showing 05xxx at "g6", then
back to section 2, part 1 for call costs from landlines.)

Old December 20th 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

rat wrote:
what is the quality like..
as yet have you noticed any effect on your b/band
connection.. does it drag it down quite a bit

Not really, I haven't done any heavy downloading or anything and have only made
a couple of calls. Obviously it only uses up all the bandwidth while you're
making a call so I make sure I'm not downloading anything at the same time.

Other than that I am impressed at the quality. Maybe it's because I was
expecting it to be awful or something but it's pretty good. I was also expecting
it to be echoey or delayed but didn't seem to have any problems like that. I
guess I'll have to wait until my net connection goes a bit dodgy and see what
it's like then.

Old December 20th 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

What happens if you plug a modem in?
Aby connection at all?

No, it keeps trying to negotiate the connection but fails every time. Althought
I can't really be bothered to try forcing my modem to superslow connection
speeds.

Old December 20th 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

This looked interesting to me but I couldn't find any
information on how much it costs to make a call *to* the
new numbers.
Does anyone know?

5p/min to the "05" number range that BT is using.

Also, the 05 numbers are charged as normal calls if you're using a
broadbandvoice connection though. ie 3p/min peak, free offpeak.

Old December 20th 03, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

Mine arrived today.
There was no accompanying letter. Or email?
Do you get seperate note giving info on phone
number/contract?

I am unsure if I actually wanted it at this time, I was
expecting the next page to give me a summary of costs,
rather than telling me I'd ordered it.

When you order it on the broadbandvoice website you should get a confirmation
email right away confirming your login and password along with the date that
your service will be activated. If you haven't received either the first or
second email I'd suggest giving them a call on the support number.