BT Broadband and Norton Anti Virus conflict!

Old December 20th 03, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Hodson

Default BT Broadband and Norton Anti Virus conflict!

I have just installed Broadband at home which works fine. The only problem I
have is that when I try to automatically download the updated virus files
from Norton the PC looks for a dial up connection and as there isn't one
can't complete the transmission.

Just wondered if anyone had experience of this and a work around?

Thanks in advance

Tony H.

Old December 20th 03, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnny777

Go into 'Symantec Live Update' in Control Panel, and make sure that the
settings under HTTP are set to 'I Want To Use My Internet Options HTTP
Settings'

Old December 28th 03, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mark sayers

Hi, I have the same problem with tiscali, you could download the updates the
hard way from nortons website Regards Mark

Old December 28th 03, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:07:27 -0000, "mark sayers"
wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem with tiscali, you could download the updates the
hard way from nortons website Regards Mark
"Tony Hodson" wrote in message
I have just installed Broadband at home which works fine. The only problem

have is that when I try to automatically download the updated virus files
from Norton the PC looks for a dial up connection and as there isn't one
can't complete the transmission.

Just wondered if anyone had experience of this and a work around?

Thanks in advance

Tony H.

Isn't this just a setting in the LiveUpdate facility - you tell
LiveUpdate how to connect to the Internet?

On most of our systems LiveUpdate is set to use the same settings as
Internet Explorer.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old December 28th 03, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Johnson

"Tony Hodson" wrote in message
I have just installed Broadband at home which works fine. The only problem

have is that when I try to automatically download the updated virus files
from Norton the PC looks for a dial up connection and as there isn't one
can't complete the transmission.

Just wondered if anyone had experience of this and a work around?

Make sure that IE (tools/options/connections) is set for 'never dial a
connection'.