Distance from the exchange

Old December 20th 03, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kolicha \(vinnieza\)

Default Distance from the exchange

is this true, I checked the availability check to see if we can receive
broadband and it says:

"Your exchange has ADSL broadband. Although the length of the telephone line
between you and the exchange is quite long, you may be able to receive ADSL
broadband"

however we have a ISDN line and know if we go to broadband we'll have to
convert to analogue, but someone has told me that if we are able to receive
ISDN, we are able to receive broadband, as ISDN uses more power than
broadband because it's digital or something like that.

All I wanted to know is if this was true, and if we can receive broadband.

Thanks

Old December 20th 03, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Kolicha (vinnieza)" wrote in message
is this true, I checked the availability check to see if we can receive
broadband and it says:

"Your exchange has ADSL broadband. Although the length of the telephone

line
between you and the exchange is quite long, you may be able to receive

ADSL
broadband"

however we have a ISDN line and know if we go to broadband we'll have to
convert to analogue, but someone has told me that if we are able to

receive
ISDN, we are able to receive broadband, as ISDN uses more power than
broadband because it's digital or something like that.

All I wanted to know is if this was true, and if we can receive broadband.

The line test for ADSL is different for ISDN than it is for ADSL.

It is not guaranteed that because you have ISDN you can have ADSL - however
told you that is sadly wrong.

Your best option is to arrange a Home Highway/ISDN--ADSL coversion via your
choosen ADSL ISP.

It costs 50 and means that BT will come around, uninstall HH/ISDN and
install ADSL for you all on the same day.

If your line fails the ADSL line test, BT will replace HH/ISDN for you and
you will not be charged anything.

Regards
Sunil

Old December 20th 03, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, "Sunil Sood" wrote:

Your best option is to arrange a Home Highway/ISDN--ADSL coversion via
your choosen ADSL ISP.

It is perhaps worth a note that it depends on how long one's had HH,
because only a minority of ISPs (well, BT!) would cover extra costs
if it is within the initial 12 months minimum contract for HH. PGM