Pipex GREAT

Old December 20th 03, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Default Pipex GREAT

After battling for months with dial up NTL and all their problems I have
changed to Pipex Broadband.
Excellent pre and post sales help.
Quick delivery of the modem and filters .
Only been on for three weeks but really satisfied with it.

Ken

Old December 20th 03, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:44:02 -0000, "Ken" wrote:

After battling for months with dial up NTL and all their problems I have
changed to Pipex Broadband.
Excellent pre and post sales help.
Quick delivery of the modem and filters .
Only been on for three weeks but really satisfied with it.

Same here, also about three weeks.

Good bit cheaper than Freeserve, AOL and BT

Geoff Lane

Old December 21st 03, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DaDragon

I have to agree, being stuck out in the middle of knowwhere I had been stuck
with satellite broadband for years, you can see the problems we had on
http://www.sat4the.co.uk/forum
anyway I've been with pipex for a couple of months now and I have to say its
great! My order arrived a few days before the exchange was enabled, setup
was a breeze and my connection has only ever gone down once, which pipex had
fixed within half an hour.
Pipex also seem to be one of the cheapest providers around too.

Old December 21st 03, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

I'm moving to Pipex too but not until the New Year when my exchange is
upgraded - I've placed an advanced order. What is their modem like? Will
it work with a wireless Router and allow other PC's in my property to use
the broadband connection irrespective as to which PC(s) is/are turned on?
If it won't work, I will have to pick the option without the modem, change
my order and source one that will do this from another place.

TIA Paul

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

Old December 21st 03, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Hi Paul,

Nothing wrong with the modem supplied to me , 330 , but if I was to start
again I would do the same as you are thinking and buy my own Wireless router
Modem in one box so I could have a system working without the main computer
being switched on.
Good luck and I think you will be pleased with Pipex.

Ken

Old December 21st 03, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:44:02 -0000, "Ken" wrote:

After battling for months with dial up NTL and all their problems I have
changed to Pipex Broadband.
Excellent pre and post sales help.
Quick delivery of the modem and filters .
Only been on for three weeks but really satisfied with it.

Ken

Same here. Ditto....

Filthy Rich
Music House
Old December 21st 03, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Niall

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:20:36 -0000, "Paul"
wrote:

I'm moving to Pipex too but not until the New Year when my exchange is
upgraded - I've placed an advanced order. What is their modem like? Will
it work with a wireless Router and allow other PC's in my property to use
the broadband connection irrespective as to which PC(s) is/are turned on?
If it won't work, I will have to pick the option without the modem, change
my order and source one that will do this from another place.

One thing to note, use news-text.dial.pipex.com as your newsserver for
text groups, the other one is slow.

--
Niall
Old December 22nd 03, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Thanks Ken but what I would like to know is - is the modem supplied by
Pipex, the 330 as you say, capable of linking up with a separate router as
in this diagram: -

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/guide/co...p#microfilters - example
five

I have ordered an extreme Solo2Go 1000 service, which includes the modem,
but if it is not capable of working alongside a separate Router, then I will
change my order. My preference is to have a separate Modem and Router for
flexibility - I have around 5/6 pc's in my household anyone of which may
want to use the internet at any time.

Old December 22nd 03, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Well with my VERY limited experience of networking I can't see why not
although someone else with more experience may correct me. Drop the
Technical people a line they have helped me very quickly with the one query
I had.

Good luck

Ken

Old December 24th 03, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Lane

wrote:

I'm moving to Pipex too but not until the New Year when my exchange is
upgraded - I've placed an advanced order. What is their modem like? Will
it work with a wireless Router and allow other PC's in my property to use
the broadband connection irrespective as to which PC(s) is/are turned on?
If it won't work, I will have to pick the option without the modem, change
my order and source one that will do this from another place.

I went for their service only option and bought my own modem/router.

Bought myself a Draytek modem/router, it makes the coffee and puts the
cat out at night :-))

Geoff Lane