do I need an up to date phone installation?

Old December 21st 03, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
figgy

Default do I need an up to date phone installation?

Thinking of getting broadband...
The phone installation in our house looks pretty ancient. The main box is a
big circular rubber thing in the garage and there are two old horizontal
elliptical junction boxes along the line in the house. Does broadband
require a new linebox?
figgy

Old December 22nd 03, 08:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

figgy wrote:
Thinking of getting broadband...
The phone installation in our house looks pretty ancient. The main
box is a big circular rubber thing in the garage and there are two
old horizontal elliptical junction boxes along the line in the

house.
Does broadband require a new linebox?
figgy

No but it does require that you have telephone sockets, not hard wired
telephones (or indeed bells)...