Warning: Do NOT use PIPEX ADSL

Old December 23rd 03, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mattias Honrendgard

Default Warning: Do NOT use PIPEX ADSL

I have been with pipex for a while now, and their service is beyond
poor. Constant disconnections are commonplace, support is both rude
and unhelpful and twice already my entire mailbox has been deleted.

Anyone who is thinking about getting broadband this Christmas would do
very well to avoid Pipex.
Old December 23rd 03, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Informer

"Mattias Honrendgard" wrote in message
om...
I have been with pipex for a while now, and their service is beyond
poor. Constant disconnections are commonplace,

Do you mean that you loose sync with the exchange, surely this would be a BT
issue??

Old December 23rd 03, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I have been with pipex for a while now, and their service is beyond
poor. Constant disconnections are commonplace, support is both rude
and unhelpful and twice already my entire mailbox has been deleted.
Anyone who is thinking about getting broadband this Christmas would do
very well to avoid Pipex.

I, on the other hand, have had very few problems since I joined them in
Feb this year, and and very pleased with the service for the price.

Old December 23rd 03, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Brown

"Filthy Rich" wrote in message
I have been with pipex for a while now, and their service is beyond
excellent. Constant connection is commonplace, support is unnecessary
and my mailbox has never been deleted.

Anyone who is thinking about getting broadband this Christmas would do
very well to choose Pipex.

I have been with them for nearly two years; I would have left sooner if not
for a billing error (I initially paid for my first year up front, and on my
anniversary they took another annual payment despite my request to change
over to monthly billing).

I am fedup with their email servers constantly going down - at least once a
week.

Old December 24th 03, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I am fedup with their email servers constantly going down - at least once a
week.

Granted, the mail servers have been a tad flaky over the last couple of
weeks, but comparing my experience with btinternet they were lucky to
last a single night without falling over. This was not a joke, this was
being deadly serious.

Pipex, overall, have been tremendous :-)

Old December 24th 03, 09:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Colin Wilson wrote in message et...
I am fedup with their email servers constantly going down - at least once a
week.

Granted, the mail servers have been a tad flaky over the last couple of
weeks, but comparing my experience with btinternet they were lucky to
last a single night without falling over. This was not a joke, this was
being deadly serious.

Pipex, overall, have been tremendous :-)

And compared to the support nonsence that BT get up to regarding
changing dynamic to static IP addresses and their real stupidity over
email servers to the extent that it confuses their own support staff
(I mean BT click, bt connect (also a discounted telecomplan|) and so
on.
We have installed PIPEX at quite a few customers as well as having it
at home and this disconnection problem is non existant.

HTH PHIL
www.nimbusweb.co.uk
SBS 2000 in LOndon
Old December 24th 03, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Informer

"Phil" wrote i

We have installed PIPEX at quite a few customers as well as having it
at home and this disconnection problem is non existant.

The guy could have a noisy line or half a dozen other reasons for
disconnections without it being a PIPEX issue. I myself had a house wiring
fault causing problems but I didn't blame the ISP.

Old December 24th 03, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:35:30 UTC, "Informer" wrote:

The guy could have a noisy line or half a dozen other reasons for
disconnections without it being a PIPEX issue. I myself had a house wiring
fault causing problems but I didn't blame the ISP.

But if you actually read the whole post:

"support is both rude
and unhelpful and twice already my entire mailbox has been deleted."

That was the other part of the beef. Lots of us have problems with BT,
but we have to rely on the ISP to get it sorted.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...