1Mb ISP Line

Old December 24th 03, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
philip donetti

Default 1Mb ISP Line

I have a Netgear DG814 router/modem, 3com 10/100 NIC card in the desktop and
a Netgear WG602 WAP.

I have recently upgraded to a 1 mb link with my ISP. The speeds i Achieve
are the old .5mb. I have checked with my ISp and BT who say everything is in
order. It seemed to be the DG814, so I swapped for a new one, same problem.
This is mystifying as when I put my old alcatel speedtouch modem in I can
achieve the 1mb speed! It does not appear to be the NIC as my laptop
connecting to the WAP still only gets .5mb. Where do I go from here as no
one knows what the problem is.

Thanks

Phil

Old December 24th 03, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9631

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, "philip donetti" wrote:

It seemed to be the DG814, so I swapped for a new one, same problem.

Does Gateway Status show higher speeds than 288 Kb/s and 576 Kb/s ?

It does not appear to be the NIC as my laptop connecting to the WAP
still only gets .5mb

The ADSL traffic is too small to be a worry for the wireless link, at
a guess (1% with 1 Mbps ADSL) so is something is limiting traffic,
you need to try a cable between the router and a PC - that will allow
you to see whether more than 512k is achievable before wondering if
there's any issue caused by the wireless link... Peter M.