Free Calling Pc to Telephone..Using VOIP

Old December 28th 03, 01:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Laubach

Default Free Calling Pc to Telephone..Using VOIP

Free Calling Pc to Telephone..Using VOIP

Free Software and a Headset Needed..

http://www.freeworldialup.com/

23-Dec-03 Free Calling now into: Australia, China Germany, Israel,
Italy, UK!
Sign Up To Free World Dialup and then Get FXD/X-ten software (X-lite)
Its Free.. and

http://brands.xten.net/x-litefwd/dow...WD_Install.exe

Set it up using info on FWD…

http://pulver.com/fwd/quick/nat-xlite.html

Use both sites for firewall Info ,,open 5060,,,

Regards
Old December 28th 03, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

- And on 27 Dec 2003 17:53:07 -0800, it was spake thus said in message (Gordon Laubach):

http://www.freeworldialup.com/

Actually there's quite a few of them

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...tart.html?pg=8

will tell you all about them
--
Nick in Northallerton
nrw7 on Yahoo! Messenger & nickw7coc on MSN Messenger too !
Old December 28th 03, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

"Nick" wrote in message
- And on 27 Dec 2003 17:53:07 -0800, it was spake thus

said in message
(Gordon Laubach):

http://www.freeworldialup.com/

Actually there's quite a few of them

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...tart.html?pg=8

I think freeworldialup is the only one offering free calls to standard
landlines (with no charges at all).

Daniel

Old December 28th 03, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Pepper

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:14:37 -0000, [Daniel] mentioned :-

"Nick" wrote in message
.. .
- And on 27 Dec 2003 17:53:07 -0800, it was spake thus

m said in message
(Gordon Laubach):

http://www.freeworldialup.com/

Actually there's quite a few of them

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...tart.html?pg=8

I think freeworldialup is the only one offering free calls to standard
landlines (with no charges at all).

Daniel

No it doesn't.

It does nothing that yahoo/msn messenger already do with a speaker/mic
set.
Old December 28th 03, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Brown

"Dave Pepper" wrote in message
I think freeworldialup is the only one offering free calls to standard
landlines (with no charges at all).

No it doesn't.

It does nothing that yahoo/msn messenger already do with a speaker/mic
set.

Oh really, what landline number does Yahoo/MSN allocate to their users so
that they can reached from a landline?

Old December 28th 03, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

"Dave Pepper" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:14:37 -0000, [Daniel] mentioned :-
I think freeworldialup is the only one offering free calls to standard
landlines (with no charges at all).

Daniel

No it doesn't.

It does nothing that yahoo/msn messenger already do with a speaker/mic
set.

Sorry, I didn't realise yahoo/msn can make calls to standard landlines -
I'll take a look.

Thanks
Daniel

Old December 28th 03, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
G Crozier

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:14:37 -0000, "Daniel" wrote:

"Nick" wrote in message
.. .
- And on 27 Dec 2003 17:53:07 -0800, it was spake thus

m said in message
(Gordon Laubach):

http://www.freeworldialup.com/

Actually there's quite a few of them

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/1...tart.html?pg=8

I think freeworldialup is the only one offering free calls to standard
landlines (with no charges at all).

Daniel

I am sure I read on the FWD site that it cannot be used for calling
landline numbers .
Grant .
Old December 28th 03, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Pepper

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:00:09 -0000, [Daniel] mentioned :-

"Dave Pepper" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:14:37 -0000, [Daniel] mentioned :-
I think freeworldialup is the only one offering free calls to standard
landlines (with no charges at all).

Daniel

No it doesn't.

It does nothing that yahoo/msn messenger already do with a speaker/mic
set.

Sorry, I didn't realise yahoo/msn can make calls to standard landlines -
I'll take a look.

?

This service doesn't do that. I.e you can't just "ring" your
mother/mate etc. Please read exactly what it's trying to do.
Old December 28th 03, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

"Dave Pepper" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:00:09 -0000, [Daniel] mentioned :-

"Dave Pepper" wrote in message
.. .
No it doesn't.

It does nothing that yahoo/msn messenger already do with a speaker/mic
set.

Sorry, I didn't realise yahoo/msn can make calls to standard landlines -
I'll take a look.

This service doesn't do that. I.e you can't just "ring" your
mother/mate etc. Please read exactly what it's trying to do.

I've been using it for the past few days just for that purpose! - You can
call any UK, US, and other countries landline numbers free of charge !!!!!!

Daniel

Old December 29th 03, 02:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Grant
I am sure I read on the FWD site that it cannot be used for calling
landline numbers .

It's a temporary offer, only till 31st Dec. IIRC.
Regards,
Martin