Digisender Broadband?

Old December 29th 03, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kathy Burke

Default Digisender Broadband?

I'm considering the following setup and wondered if anyone had tried it.

TV (100mhtz - 32") and Hifi in lounge connceted to AEI digisender receiver

PC in home office with TV output and Sound output connceted to AEI
digisender transmitter

MS Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Broadband conncted to the PC.

Will this setup let me browse web in the lounge using the TV (assuming the
keyboard is within range) and give me acces to MP3 files on my PC and web
radio?

K.

Old December 30th 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
not.sure

"Kathy Burke" leavemealone wrote in message
I'm considering the following setup and wondered if anyone had tried it.

TV (100mhtz - 32") and Hifi in lounge connceted to AEI digisender

receiver

PC in home office with TV output and Sound output connceted to AEI
digisender transmitter

MS Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Broadband conncted to the PC.

Will this setup let me browse web in the lounge using the TV (assuming the
keyboard is within range) and give me acces to MP3 files on my PC and web
radio?

Although I haven't tried any myself, I've read various reports that the
reception from digisenders is often poor quality.

Also, you might like to consider that unless your TV is of monitor quality,
the definition of text etc. may not be sharp enough to be easily viewable,
unless you use a relatively low screen resolution output to the TV, (ie
"relatively low" depends on what you're normally used to on your monitor).

Rob

Old December 30th 03, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bigbrian

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:36:21 -0000, "not.sure"
wrote:

"Kathy Burke" leavemealone wrote in message
I'm considering the following setup and wondered if anyone had tried it.

TV (100mhtz - 32") and Hifi in lounge connceted to AEI digisender

receiver

PC in home office with TV output and Sound output connceted to AEI
digisender transmitter

MS Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Broadband conncted to the PC.

Will this setup let me browse web in the lounge using the TV (assuming the
keyboard is within range) and give me acces to MP3 files on my PC and web
radio?

Although I haven't tried any myself, I've read various reports that the
reception from digisenders is often poor quality.

I have an AEI digisender, and the reception is excellent (assuming you
take the usual precautions regarding interference from other sources
etc)

I think the OP's problem is going to be connecting the digisender
transmitter to the PC. It needs a scart socket, which most PCs don't
typically have. I have a receiver connected to my PC via the scart on
the VCR thats connected to the TV Card. You can connect the *receiver*
to a TV that doesn't have a scart socket by getting an optional cable
that uses the RF on the receiving TV, but I think the transmitter is
scart only.

Brian

Old December 30th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kathy Burke

Thanks Brian,

The TV out on the PC is an svhs socket, and the sound is a stereo mini jack.
I've got a scart with an svhs socket on it and two rca phono inputs for
sound - so a simple phono to rca lead and an svhs cable should do it.

Do you get a decent picture on your tv from the PC? What size TV do you
have?

Old December 30th 03, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bigbrian

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:38:28 -0000, "Kathy Burke" leavemealone
wrote:

Thanks Brian,

The TV out on the PC is an svhs socket, and the sound is a stereo mini jack.
I've got a scart with an svhs socket on it and two rca phono inputs for
sound - so a simple phono to rca lead and an svhs cable should do it.

Do you get a decent picture on your tv from the PC? What size TV do you
have?

As I mentioned, I don't do it that way around. I sometimes watch TV on
the PC (I have a 17inch TFT monitor) . The Digisender transmitter is
at the TV and the receiver(s) are on other TVs and the PC.

Brian

.. .