Connect Netgear Wifi Router to Btopenworld

Old January 18th 04, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Pin

Default Connect Netgear Wifi Router to Btopenworld

Hi Folks

Some help please, I'm currently using a btopenworld connection with a USB modem
connecting to a wall socket marked v1.0 (no micro filters)

I'm trying to get rid of the frog and use a Netgear WGT624 wifi router.

I seem to have got the PC and router working together well they can see each
other anyway but I can't connect the router to the internet.

I'm using a straight ethernet cable to connect the router to the socket (the
v1.0 socket accomodates both RJ11 and RJ45 plugs) but when the application trys
to connect No Luck.

I've tried connecting the BT socket to the router via a crossover cable no luck
either. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Terry

Old January 18th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Terry Pin wrote:
Hi Folks

Some help please, I'm currently using a btopenworld connection with
a USB modem connecting to a wall socket marked v1.0 (no micro
filters)

I'm trying to get rid of the frog and use a Netgear WGT624 wifi
router.

I seem to have got the PC and router working together well they can
see each other anyway but I can't connect the router to the
internet.

I'm using a straight ethernet cable to connect the router to the
socket (the v1.0 socket accomodates both RJ11 and RJ45 plugs) but
when the application trys to connect No Luck.

I've tried connecting the BT socket to the router via a crossover
cable no luck either. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Terry

Well if you had bothered to check with the Netgear site you would have found
that you have bought a Router & so you need to get a DSL modem as well.

That's right it won't work just by plugging it into the DSL socket...