Allocating bandwidth?

Old January 19th 04, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
melter

Default Allocating bandwidth?

Is there an app (a firewall app, possibly) that you can assign different
running tasks a different share of bandwidth.

eg, 3 programs A, B and C, where A & B get 40% each and C get 20%

Thanks

Old January 19th 04, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob { Goddard }

melter wrote:

Is there an app (a firewall app, possibly) that you can assign different
running tasks a different share of bandwidth.

eg, 3 programs A, B and C, where A & B get 40% each and C get 20%

Different queuing methods tend to work on protocols
or addresses rather than application.

http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/
Old January 19th 04, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
melter

"Bob { Goddard }" wrote in
message ...
melter wrote:

Is there an app (a firewall app, possibly) that you can assign different
running tasks a different share of bandwidth.

eg, 3 programs A, B and C, where A & B get 40% each and C get 20%

Different queuing methods tend to work on protocols
or addresses rather than application.

http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/

thanks...

Is there "something" that can setup different queuing methods for protocols
or addresses?

(I am a newbie at all this, so bear with me...)

In a similar vein: I have two logins on a Windows XP machine. On the 1mb
service I have, I would like to reserve (say) 20% of the bandwidth for one
of the users - so that when one is logged in downloading movie trailers
using 80kps, we can switch user so the other can surf at 20kps...

does this make sense?

Thanks again

Old January 19th 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bobby

Will this program allow me to monitor and control what other users download
using my wireless home network? I've set-up a wireless ad hoc (peer-to-peer)
network.

Cheers.

Bobby

"Kris" wrote in message
melter writes:

Is there an app (a firewall app, possibly) that you can assign different
running tasks a different share of bandwidth.

eg, 3 programs A, B and C, where A & B get 40% each and C get 20%

http://www.netlimiter.com

I've used it for about 6 months - a fantastic little app.