Firewall Settings on D-Link Router on BTinternet

Old January 20th 04, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Firewall Settings on D-Link Router on BTinternet

I am completely confused as to how to configure the firewall settings on my
DI-624 router. Confusion stems from BT not giving me a static IP address -
or is that not an issue?

I have a DSL-300+ modem and wireless network working great around the house.
All D-Link equipment.

Any guidance very welcome. Is there a guide around? The manual is too
general.

--
London Branch DOC Meet:
Wednesday 11 February

Old January 20th 04, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"r" wrote in message
I am completely confused as to how to configure the firewall settings on

my
DI-624 router. Confusion stems from BT not giving me a static IP

address -
or is that not an issue?

I have a DSL-300+ modem and wireless network working great around the

house.
All D-Link equipment.

Any guidance very welcome. Is there a guide around? The manual is too
general.

--
London Branch DOC Meet:
Wednesday 11 February
The Ship Inn
Wandsworth
London SW18 1TB

What is it you are trying to do exactly? I use the same kit with a Pipex
dynamic IP, and I have no probs at all. The only thing I needed to setup in
the firewall was to reject IDENT (ping) attempts, everything else was
already set up.

--

Replace the dots and remove nospam for valid email address

Old January 20th 04, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Cairns

If its BT Broadband then you don't get a static IP address.

cairnsy
(hello all - new to this news group, learning as much as I can to help with
work, and to help myself before we hit our trigger level........still
struggling on a 56k)

Old January 20th 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Naismith

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:36:24 -0000, "Paul King"
wrote:

The only thing I needed to setup in
the firewall was to reject IDENT (ping) attempts

An ident request is not a ping.
--
John Naismith
Old January 26th 04, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

I'm sure the people at D-Link could probably explain it quite well...
They have a freephone number at 0800 917 5063 and their website for
the UK is http://support.dlink.de