PIPEX & NAT

Old January 20th 04, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

Default PIPEX & NAT

Does pipex use NAT? and if so/not how do you know?

I ask because I am trying to setup a VPN connection to work using
IPSEC and I am aware that the 2 are not compatible.

Has anyone else had any experience with VPN & IPSEC?

I am connecting using a Netgear DC602 router, and have enabled
IPSEC/IKE port forwarding to my IP address but its just not working.

Incidently if i use a PIPEX dial account the VPN connection works!
Old January 20th 04, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Networkguy

Does pipex use NAT? and if so/not how do you know?

I ask because I am trying to setup a VPN connection to work using
IPSEC and I am aware that the 2 are not compatible.

Most VPN solutions are quite happy with NAT although with some, you have to
enable the support.

Old January 20th 04, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

I have just learnt that I may have configured the Ipsec.conf file
incorrectly, I think I need to somehow specify that I am using a
gateway (router) and therefore need to specify my gateways public IP
address.

I think its something to do with the *leftnexthop* parameter.