Fast internet connection having failed earlier ADSL tests

Old January 20th 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
greedo

Default Fast internet connection having failed earlier ADSL tests

Hi ...

Some time back, I signed up with a broadband ISP, received the ADSL modem
only to be informed a few days later that BT had tested my line and failed
it for broadband - 'line length too long (approx 7km)'.

About a year later, that same ISP emailed me to say they could now handle
longer lines (RADSL?) - again BT failed the line.

Tiscali are now offering different broadband speed packages - 3x (150kbps),
5x (250kbps) and 10x (500kbps) - approx.

Does anybody know whether these different speed offerings will tolerate
longer line lengths - the 3x looks like 'IDSL', which I believe in theory
can go some way beyond 10km.

There's no enquiry e-mail address I can see on their website - I also gave
up on the idea of ringing their sales desk.

Can anyone help?

Thanks .... Greedo )

Old January 20th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

greedo wrote:
[...]

You will still fail your line test for 2 reasons.....

The RADSL limits haven't changed..

Tiscali, although they offer those lower speed packages, normally order 2meg
circuits which, as you are already aware, you are outside the limits...

In a nutshell no it makes no difference, you can't have broadband..

Old January 21st 04, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
HamMan

"greedo" wrote in message
[...]

If you want a highspeed connection, you will have to look elsewhere than the
xDSL services.

If youre not P2Ping, then sattelite may be an option, as well as one of the
'broader' ISDN packages, a copper leased line, or an optical leased line.

Or, you could just wait untill ADSL2 is deployed sometime withing then next
10 years...