dns probs

Old January 20th 04, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

Default dns probs

Is anyone on nildram here been having problems with dns??
me and my mate who is also on nildram cannot connect to certain websites eg
www.hp.com and http://www.firmware-flash.com/ + others
it is nothing to do with my hosts file as my mate doesn't have one
we are both using sar715+ routers.

Thanks

Gaz

Old January 20th 04, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." wrote in
message ...
Is anyone on nildram here been having problems with dns??
me and my mate who is also on nildram cannot connect to certain websites

eg
www.hp.com and http://www.firmware-flash.com/ + others
it is nothing to do with my hosts file as my mate doesn't have one
we are both using sar715+ routers.

Thanks

Gaz

I realise that this isn't going to help you - but, I can get to those sites.

Try temporarily using the Pipex dns server 62.241.160.200

HTH
Paul

---

Old January 20th 04, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:
Is anyone on nildram here been having problems with dns??
me and my mate who is also on nildram cannot connect to certain
websites eg www.hp.com and http://www.firmware-flash.com/ + others
it is nothing to do with my hosts file as my mate doesn't have one
we are both using sar715+ routers.

Can you get into Google? or any banking sites like Barclays, natwest, and
nationwide?

BTopenworld currently has a similar problem with the above sites amongst
others. Maybe it is an issue affecting other isps

Old January 21st 04, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:35:51 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody else."
wrote:

Is anyone on nildram here been having problems with dns??
me and my mate who is also on nildram cannot connect to certain websites eg
www.hp.com and http://www.firmware-flash.com/ + others
it is nothing to do with my hosts file as my mate doesn't have one
we are both using sar715+ routers.

Thanks

Gaz

A Nildram user here. Both sites come up fine for me. My set-up uses
DNS of 213.208.106.212 and 213

DAVID BRADLEY

Old January 21st 04, 06:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

Is anyone on nildram here been having problems with dns??
me and my mate who is also on nildram cannot connect to certain websites

eg
www.hp.com and http://www.firmware-flash.com/ + others
it is nothing to do with my hosts file as my mate doesn't have one
we are both using sar715+ routers.

Thanks

Gaz

A Nildram user here. Both sites come up fine for me. My set-up uses
DNS of 213.208.106.212 and 213

DAVID BRADLEY

I can access google and natwest banking.
I am using 213.208.106.212 and 213 but have tried the old ones as well but
it still doesn't seem to work.

gaz