Thanks folks! - I'm a happy boy today :-)

Old January 21st 04, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

Default Thanks folks! - I'm a happy boy today :-)

Well, after having registered an interest for broadband for more years
than I can count in three different residences, then finally, having
settled and built my dream house in a fabulous location, battled BT for
two years for the removal of the DACS, then have the local exchange get
upgraded only to be told again and again that the line was not suitable,
attenuation too great and I was too far from the exchange (I wasn't, and
knew I wasn't, but could I get any sense out of them?!?).......
Guess what.... YES!! Today, I finally got my line converted and now have
a working 512 link, router, LAN and wireless network..... my god, its
just fantastic!

Its almost like having a birthday present..... hang on ..It just so
happens to BE my birthday as well today :-)

So to all those people who answered my questions or just posted useful
info to give me the intelligence upper hand over the last months of the
epic 'me verses BT' struggle ...... a big thank you!

Cheers

Gareth.
followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'

Old January 22nd 04, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:59:26 +0000, Gareth Jones wrote:

[...]

Happy birthday.

You're not THE Gareth Jones? Gareth Alun Jones of Chippenham?

--
Jock.
Old January 22nd 04, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , Jock
writes
Happy birthday.

Why thank you.

You're not THE Gareth Jones?

Absolutely !!

Gareth Alun Jones of Chippenham?

Who??
;-)

Old January 22nd 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , Steve
writes
You can't be the Gareth 'Taff' Jones that I know. He's on Cable
already.

You know, years ago, Gareth was quite an unusual name (Jones has always
been common as muck....) but in the last decade, there's just countless
numbers of us popping up everywhere!

Its probably the fault of Gareth Edwards the rugby player (when Wales
were good at rugby ;-)

I'm dreading 20 years time..... Gareth Gates will have even more to
answer for!!

Old January 23rd 04, 07:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Jock
writes
So to all those people who answered my questions or just posted useful
info to give me the intelligence upper hand over the last months of the
epic 'me verses BT' struggle ...... a big thank you!

Cheers

Happy birthday.

You're not THE Gareth Jones? Gareth Alun Jones of Chippenham?

That's a bit of an airy assumption isn't it? IIRC, that one got
broadband a few months back and had a little trouble closing down the
open ports on his router.
--
Clint Sharp
Old January 24th 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Brian
Morrison writes
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:41:53 +0000, in article
Clint Sharp
wrote:

You're not THE Gareth Jones? Gareth Alun Jones of Chippenham?

That's a bit of an airy assumption isn't it? IIRC, that one got
broadband a few months back and had a little trouble closing down the
open ports on his router.

Aaagh! Put this back in the group it has escaped from!

Don't worry. I won't mention it again, but if you could work out a way
to keep him in
alt.amateur.psychiatry.delusional.paranoid.schizop hrenic.legal-books,
I'm sure there'd be a lot of people would be most grateful.
--
Clint Sharp
Old January 24th 04, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , Brian
Morrison writes
You're not THE Gareth Jones? Gareth Alun Jones of Chippenham?

That's a bit of an airy assumption isn't it? IIRC, that one got
broadband a few months back and had a little trouble closing down the
open ports on his router.

Aaagh! Put this back in the group it has escaped from!

No need .... its not him.... its ME silly :-)

I'm Gareth, and I'm a Jones, but I'm from Swansea (well, I'd have to be
from somewhere in Wales with a name like that!). Swansea area at least.
I guess my last move has taken me closer to Carmarthen.

And although its no longer my Birthday, I'm STILL a happy boy, because
my ADSL doesn't seem to have hiccupped once in the last 3 days since
activation, and being able to sit in a comfy sofa anywhere in the house
and surf wirelessly from the laptop is just great.

Its just a pity its not at the 10Mb/s I'm used to in work, but I can
live with that as the surroundings are soooooo much nicer (did I mention
I can see sheep from every window ;-)

Old January 24th 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Gareth Jones
writes
Its just a pity its not at the 10Mb/s I'm used to in work, but I can
live with that as the surroundings are soooooo much nicer (did I
mention I can see sheep from every window ;-)

You just don't know how hard I'm trying to stop myself.......

--
Clint Sharp