SpeedTouch Pro as a regular modem

Old January 22nd 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Crypto

Default SpeedTouch Pro as a regular modem

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible a Alcatel
SpeedTouch Pro ADSL modem as a regular(56K) modem.
I have a home network of 4/5 computers that are
used primarily for research and don't need that
much bandwidth. I would like to see if I can scale
down my monthly Internet fees.

Sorry if this is a very dumb question. I'm not
familiary with DSL technology.

Crypto