phone line crackling

Old January 22nd 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Big Dov

Default phone line crackling

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help, ever since I have had broadband I have had a
crackling noise whenever I use the phone. BT says the line is clear I
remember reading somewhere about snipping the green wire on the microfilter
but I cant find it again,
any help would be much appreciated

Old January 23rd 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darren Grant

Big Dov wrote:
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help, ever since I have had broadband I have had a
crackling noise whenever I use the phone. BT says the line is clear I
remember reading somewhere about snipping the green wire on the microfilter
but I cant find it again,
any help would be much appreciated

If you have one of the incorrectly designed filters (mostly branded
Tekhal) then the ring signal from the line is incorrectly connected when
it should not be. See http://www.adslnation.com/support/filters.php and
look at the picture of the ASL 2019. The green wire comming from the
plug needs to be removed.

If you don't have this filter then it could be that you have a device on
the line that is not filtered or you just need a better filter.