PlusNet ADSL Home 1Mb - Views?

Old January 22nd 04, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom, G4BKF

Default PlusNet ADSL Home 1Mb - Views?

Hi All,

I'm seriously considering changing my ISP from BTOpenworld to PlusNet in
order to take advantage of their 1Mb/s service.

Is there anyone out there using a PlusNet ADSL Home connection (1Mb/s or
otherwise), who can spare a moment to let me know their views on PlusNet as
a service provider? I have read reviews on the internet but tend to treat
them with a little suspicion.

Many thanks,

Tom Howarth

Old January 22nd 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Brown

a service provider? I have read reviews on the internet but tend to treat
them with a little suspicion.

Many thanks,

Tom Howarth

I've been with Plus.net for over 2 years and I find them very good. I can't
remember the last time I had a loss of service.

Sign up, I dont think you'll regret it.

Alan Brown

Old January 22nd 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
richard

Tom, G4BKF wrote:
Hi All,

I'm seriously considering changing my ISP from BTOpenworld to PlusNet in
order to take advantage of their 1Mb/s service.

Is there anyone out there using a PlusNet ADSL Home connection (1Mb/s or
otherwise), who can spare a moment to let me know their views on PlusNet as
a service provider? I have read reviews on the internet but tend to treat
them with a little suspicion.

Many thanks,

Tom Howarth

Only had their 1mb ADSL for a short while but have been with them for
sometime (on isdn) and found them very reliable and usually quick to
resolve any issues.... so go for it...

If you need the web hosting etc they offer then it makes them even more
worthwhile....

--
Richard Horton
"Users are like a virus, each causing a thousand tiny crises until the
Old January 23rd 04, 07:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

In article , G4BKF Tom wrote:
Is there anyone out there using a PlusNet ADSL Home connection (1Mb/s or
otherwise), who can spare a moment to let me know their views on PlusNet as
a service provider? I have read reviews on the internet but tend to treat
them with a little suspicion.

I used their flat-rate dial up service for a couple of years and then
upgraded to ADSL as soon as it became available, and apart from the dial-up
becoming busy on a Tuesday, which seems universal, there have been no
problems. They seem to be the cheapest too. I don't think anybody offers a
comparable service for less than 21.99.

Rod.

Old January 23rd 04, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
One2Go

"Tom, G4BKF" wrote in
:

Hi All,

I'm seriously considering changing my ISP from BTOpenworld to PlusNet
in order to take advantage of their 1Mb/s service.

Is there anyone out there using a PlusNet ADSL Home connection (1Mb/s
or otherwise), who can spare a moment to let me know their views on
PlusNet as a service provider? I have read reviews on the internet but
tend to treat them with a little suspicion.

Many thanks,

Tom Howarth

What do you want to do ones you got the 1Meg connection? I changed and was
totally dissapointed with their binary news server. However they announced
that they would have solved that problem by March.

On their support NG someone complained about outage yesterday, but than you
are with BT and PLusNet does not have their own network. EasyNet does with
equipment installed in the BT exchanges. I have been with them now for over
two years and had an excellent service.

One2Go
Old January 23rd 04, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Horne

Tom, G4BKF wrote:

Hi All,

I'm seriously considering changing my ISP from BTOpenworld to PlusNet in
order to take advantage of their 1Mb/s service.

I'm considering it too, but I'm put off by the high activation fee/ or
higher charge for first 12 months. Hardly entices you to switch
provider, given that I don't have any particular problems with my
current set-up. (Still with BT Broadband 512k)

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old January 23rd 04, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:20:43 +0000 (UTC), "Tom, G4BKF"
wrote:

We are also Amateur Friendly (Well I am anyway :-) )

73s...

Ian
--
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------
Old January 23rd 04, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Default PlusNet ADSL Home 1Mb - Views? (Attn: Ian Wild)

PlusNet Support Team wrote:

Hi David,

If you are on BT Broadband, you should be able to Migrate for 35 +
VAT.

If you were signing up on a new account, our Easystart product
includes Free activation for 24.99 per month. You also get a free USB
Modem and 2 splitters, but you can use any equipment you like and keep
the modem we provide as a backup if you wish!

Regards,

Ian
Ian Wild Unmetered & ADSL solutions
Customer Support for Home & Business
PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net

+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------

What - 24.99 for the 1Mb service (as per the header of this message)?!

I was under the impression that that was over 30 + activitation (i.e. no
easy start)

Has the 512k service been upgraded to 1Mb without anyone noticing?
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old January 23rd 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , "Tom, G4BKF"
writes
Is there anyone out there using a PlusNet ADSL Home connection (1Mb/s
or otherwise), who can spare a moment to let me know their views on
PlusNet as a service provider? I have read reviews on the internet but
tend to treat them with a little suspicion.

Two of my friends have gone with Plusnet, One has the 1Mb option.
Seems fine, good service, good features, good price.
I was going to, but in the end have stayed with Demon as I've been with
them for a while (and Plusnet couldn't sort me out with ADSL anyway - so
while their customer support has been good otherwise - they did fail me
big time in this area, but it was probably a mix of them and BT not
listening to someone who knew better... ME ;-)

I would ask the same question as another poster of 'why the 1Mb' over
the 512K service. The upload speed is the same etc

I guess if you are a P2P freak...... maybe..... but then you are
probably limited by the other side of the link there as well.

But its your money. Yea, Plusnet seem fine.

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'