Netgear DG824M - Speed?

Old January 23rd 04, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

Default Netgear DG824M - Speed?

Silly question, but I can't find the answer within the datasheet......

Will this beastie handle the ADSL if I upgrade to 1Mbit?
--
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

Webmaster: UKs largest Pocket PC Site
http://www.tekguru.co.uk
Old January 23rd 04, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Tekguru (Daron Brewood)" wrote in message
Silly question, but I can't find the answer within the datasheet......

Will this beastie handle the ADSL if I upgrade to 1Mbit?

Yes - it will actually support up to an 8MB ADSL download speed..

Regards
Sunil

Old January 23rd 04, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnny777

Technical specs are here -
http://www.netgear.com/products/deta...824M.asp?view=

Probably doesn't give you exatly what you're after, but 1Mbit will not be a
problem.

Netgear seem to take a bit of a bashing on this group.......i've also got
the DG824M, and think it's superb!

Old January 23rd 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:06:39 -0000, Sunil Sood wrote:

Yes - it will actually support up to an 8MB ADSL download speed..

Cheers Sunil just what I wanted!

Old January 23rd 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tekguru (Daron Brewood)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:50:52 -0000, johnny777 wrote:

Netgear seem to take a bit of a bashing on this group.......i've also got
the DG824M, and think it's superb!

Oh I've already got one and it's working perfectly, I just wanted to know
if it could handle the speed ;0-)