Virgin Broadband no HTML mail

Old January 23rd 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Taylor

Default Virgin Broadband no HTML mail

Hi I have a friend who uses Virgin for his BB ISP and is suffering
from not being able to send HTML mail, web browsing and plain text
mail works all the time. However intermitantly HTML will not send ?
Setup is a BB router/ADSL modem with 3 PC and they all experience the
same problem, 2 use Outlook and 1 Outlook express. Mail delivery
hangs, pinging the mail server works without problems.
Removed virus protection and firewall protection still same.
I understand virgin have had problems with there Broadband in the past
but not sure if this was one of the problems.

Any thoughts ?

Mark

Old January 23rd 04, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
starbuk

"Mark Taylor" wrote in message
om...
Hi I have a friend who uses Virgin for his BB ISP and is suffering
from not being able to send HTML mail, web browsing and plain text
mail works all the time. However intermitantly HTML will not send ?
Setup is a BB router/ADSL modem with 3 PC and they all experience the
same problem, 2 use Outlook and 1 Outlook express. Mail delivery
hangs, pinging the mail server works without problems.
Removed virus protection and firewall protection still same.
I understand virgin have had problems with there Broadband in the past
but not sure if this was one of the problems.

Any thoughts ?

Mark

put simply....virgin are crap.
left them for pipex, never looked back

Old January 24th 04, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Hayward

In article , Mark
Taylor writes
Hi I have a friend who uses Virgin for his BB ISP and is suffering
from not being able to send HTML mail, web browsing and plain text
mail works all the time. However intermitantly HTML will not send ?
Setup is a BB router/ADSL modem with 3 PC and they all experience the
same problem, 2 use Outlook and 1 Outlook express. Mail delivery
hangs, pinging the mail server works without problems.
Removed virus protection and firewall protection still same.
I understand virgin have had problems with there Broadband in the past
but not sure if this was one of the problems.

Any thoughts ?

If only every isp would trash all HTML mail, everything would be much
quicker and 90% of the spam would be removed:-)

Mark

Wally Hayward
Free download. Block SPAM Now! http://BlockSpamNow.com/r/5712

Old January 24th 04, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

snip

If only every isp would trash all HTML mail, everything would be much
quicker and 90% of the spam would be removed:-)

here, here, well said. junk HTML emails and the world will be a better
place!!!

Old January 25th 04, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Woodsford

No problems with Virgin here in S.Wales. Excellent service and upto spec on
speeds.
I agree with the sentiments about HTML but as my Delete folder shows have
had no problem receiving HTML e-mail since I went live with BB in August.
Nor have any colleagues in work who are on Virgin had this problem.
Have you contacted Support at Virgin by e-mail.
As it affects all PC's it must be due to either Virgin or the Router/Modem.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
"Mark Taylor" wrote in message
om...
: Hi I have a friend who uses Virgin for his BB ISP and is suffering
: from not being able to send HTML mail, web browsing and plain text
: mail works all the time. However intermitantly HTML will not send ?
: Setup is a BB router/ADSL modem with 3 PC and they all experience the
: same problem, 2 use Outlook and 1 Outlook express. Mail delivery
: hangs, pinging the mail server works without problems.
: Removed virus protection and firewall protection still same.
: I understand virgin have had problems with there Broadband in the past
: but not sure if this was one of the problems.
:
: Any thoughts ?
:
: Mark