Line Test Results

Old January 23rd 04, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Fitzpatrick

Default Line Test Results

I passed my line test and I am being activated next wednesday with Pipex. Is
there any way to find out the results as I would like to know if the line is
capable of 1mb for future reference.

Thanks
John

Old January 23rd 04, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lighterboy

Goto https://www.secure.ndo.com/servlets/homeadsl - enter your telephone
number.
Top of step two it tells you what speed your line will support.

Old January 23rd 04, 11:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:27:17 -0000, "John Fitzpatrick"
wrote:

I passed my line test and I am being activated next wednesday with Pipex. Is
there any way to find out the results as I would like to know if the line is
capable of 1mb for future reference.

if it was a physical test the engineer could have told you. If it was
necessary to do a physical test you are very likely to be too far away
for 1Mb.

If you wait a week or so your line status in the database might get
upgraded, what does
http://www.vispa.net/bbcheck-beta.ph...YOURNUMBERHERE say

Phil
Old January 23rd 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

I've just tryed both of those, I was thinking of going to 1MB when I
get around to finishing of the ftp server\firewall\modem\ups combo
project.
I can't. Is it possible that these results could be affected by having
a DACS on the line? As far as I was aware you cannot have broadband
with DACS. Would that be right?

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old January 24th 04, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"John Fitzpatrick" wrote in message
I passed my line test and I am being activated next wednesday with Pipex.

Is
there any way to find out the results as I would like to know if the line

is
capable of 1mb for future reference.

Thanks
John

When I signed up for ADSL with Pipex, I got a confirmation letter from BT
telling me what my activation date would be, and what the maximum rate was
for my line - 8Mbps!

---

Old January 24th 04, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , Lurch
writes
No Broadband on line, can proceed with Vispa Broadband order

BTW - this test is wrong.
It says this even if broadband IS on the line.

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'
Old January 24th 04, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , James Mourby
writes
BTW - this test is wrong.
It says this even if broadband IS on the line.

Hmmm..? Mine doesn't. Mine tells of migration consideration.

I've certainly got broadband (at last!) but it doesn't think so.
I only had it activated last week although the BT database changed
pretty much straight away. Maybe its using an out of date version??