HELP - D Link DSL 504

Old January 24th 04, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J

Default HELP - D Link DSL 504

I have set up the above ADSL router to work with Pipex DSL service.

I have got to the position where with the D link software it is showing
connected

However when I go to view a web page i get cannot find page

Any ideas

Thanks

Old January 24th 04, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve B

I remember having the same problems when I first got a DSL-500 using Nildram as
ISP. It was XP just needed setting up right. TCP/IP and Network Connection
stuff and also Internet Explorer if I remember correctly. First though make
sure you can ping the router from a DOS command window (RUN box, type in
cmd.exe), probably 'ping 192.168.0.1'.

Old January 25th 04, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J

I can ping the router no problem

I am using windows Xp

Any further ideas would be helpful

Old January 25th 04, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

you can check various things he

Make sure your TCP/IP settings are set to "Obtain an IP address
automatically" and the same for DNS.

Make sure you DHCP server is enabled in the DSL-504

Start a DOS box on your PC and give the "ipconfig /release" followed by
"ipconfig /renew" commands.

HTH.

Old January 26th 04, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Thanks for all your help. It has been resolved.
I called D link support. They said to enable NAT. That did the trick

Thanks

Old January 26th 04, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Don Pearce

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:36:58 -0000, "Tony" wrote:

Thanks for all your help. It has been resolved.
I called D link support. They said to enable NAT. That did the trick

Thanks

Strange - NAT enabled was the default setting when I bought mine. Just
plugged it in, entered my login details, and away it went.

http://www.pearce.uk.com
Old January 26th 04, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

Have you tried calling D-Link Technical support on freephone 0800 917 5063 ?

They also have free online support at http://support.dlink.de (yes .de!)

Hope it helps...