Need to go wireless with Zoom x4 modem

Old January 24th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dougie

Default Need to go wireless with Zoom x4 modem

Hi,

I currently have a Zoom x4 external modem, which I put through a
Belkin switch to network our 2 PCs.

I want to add wireless networking in order to add a third in another
room (running a wire isn't an option). I've been looking into what I
need, and it seems that it's an access point rather than a wireless
router ... is this correct?

I've been looking at
http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=2WM5 - 39.01
including VAT. If I plug this into the switch and buy a 802.11b PCI
card, should it work?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Dougie