Broadband via TV?

Old January 25th 04, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Eden

Default Broadband via TV?

I've got broadband, and a wired and wireless network. What I want is to be
able to easily view web-pages on my TV.

I was thinking about picking up a second hand Dreamcast + kyb and broadband
adaptor, but I can't find much information about it.

Does anyone have any other solutions?

Terry

Old January 25th 04, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
-halli-

"Terry Eden" wrote in message
I've got broadband, and a wired and wireless network. What I want is to

be
able to easily view web-pages on my TV.

I was thinking about picking up a second hand Dreamcast + kyb and

broadband
adaptor, but I can't find much information about it.

Dreamcast Broadband adaptors are as rare as rocking horse poop AFAIK.

Does anyone have any other solutions?

If your PC is in the same room as the TV you could get a video card with TV
out and a radio/Ir Keyboard and mouse. This would also allow you to view
movies, play games etc directly from the PC on the TV. (and probably much
cheaper than your Dreamcast idea)

I was thinking of building a box specifically for this job for my living
room. A cheap laptop on your network could also do a similar job. (if it has
TV out).

Remember though, the resolution on the TV will be v poor and smaller text
will shimmer. It might cause a bit of a headache if you look at web sites
often on the TV.

--
-halli-

Old January 25th 04, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , -halli-
writes
Remember though, the resolution on the TV will be v poor and smaller
text will shimmer. It might cause a bit of a headache if you look at
web sites often on the TV.

Aye.... I knew this was bad from trying it years ago, but I stuck my new
supa dupa Dell laptop into the 32" telly last night to try and easily
demo some web pages to the outlaws who had popped over.
I was using Svid and the TV gives stunning pictures normally, but trying
to read the text was sooooo difficult I just gave up and went back to
the laptop screen.

You can play games and watch films, but honestly, you'll have a hell of
a job doing anything useful with PC sized text.

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'