Export favourites email etc from AOL

Old January 25th 04, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mcploppy

Default Export favourites email etc from AOL

Hi all,

I am not an AOL user, my dad is, and is about to get broadband installed, he
is moving away from AOL. (I have succeeded at last :-) )
He has AOL 8 or 9 I'm not sure, how does he/we backup/export his
emails,contacts and favorites from AOL so that they can be imported to
Internet Explore and Outlook Express.?

--
McPloppy

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

Old January 25th 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Maskill

Mcploppy wrote:

Hi all,

I am not an AOL user, my dad is, and is about to get broadband installed, he
is moving away from AOL. (I have succeeded at last :-) )
He has AOL 8 or 9 I'm not sure, how does he/we backup/export his
emails,contacts and favorites from AOL so that they can be imported to
Internet Explore and Outlook Express.?

There are a couple of utilities about, try tucows and the like, from
memory there is one somewhere on AOL as well...

Try looking on the AOL FTP server ftp.aol.com if I remember correctly

--
Robert Maskill G4PYR
Peterborough Cambridgeshire
Old January 25th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mcploppy

)
He has AOL 8 or 9 I'm not sure, how does he/we backup/export his
emails,contacts and favorites from AOL so that they can be imported
to Internet Explore and Outlook Express.?

There are a couple of utilities about, try tucows and the like, from
memory there is one somewhere on AOL as well...

Try looking on the AOL FTP server ftp.aol.com if I remember
correctly

Thanks any idea what they might be called ??? have accessed the aol FTP area
cant/dont know what I am looking for :-)

Old January 25th 04, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Maskill

Mcploppy wrote:

Hi all,

I am not an AOL user, my dad is, and is about to get broadband
installed, he is moving away from AOL. (I have succeeded at last :-)
)
He has AOL 8 or 9 I'm not sure, how does he/we backup/export his
emails,contacts and favorites from AOL so that they can be imported
to Internet Explore and Outlook Express.?

There are a couple of utilities about, try tucows and the like, from
memory there is one somewhere on AOL as well...

Try looking on the AOL FTP server ftp.aol.com if I remember
correctly

Thanks any idea what they might be called ??? have accessed the aol FTP area
cant/dont know what I am looking for :-)

No sorry, I used to have AOL Broadband but changed almost 6 months ago,
got rid of a CD a week or so ago that had a pile of utilities on.

Could try asking in Alt.aol newsgroup or doing a search on Google
through that newsgroup, there have been many postings on the subject in
the past on the AOL groups.

Just done a quick search on Google and come up with this site. May be of
help.

http://www.aoleave.com/aoleave2.html

Old January 25th 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mcploppy

Mcploppy wrote:

Hi all,

I am not an AOL user, my dad is, and is about to get broadband
installed, he is moving away from AOL. (I have succeeded at last
:-) )
[...]

Yeh got that aswell cant make head nor tail of it :-S