Any ideas why I have to wait for data?

Old January 25th 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Brear

Default Any ideas why I have to wait for data?

When I connect (SpeedTouch 330 - PPP 'connected') I still have to wait
a while before the data starts flowing - same with email, web,
whatever. The Diagnostics prog shows nothing helpful and after about
1.5 minutes (1min 20secs - about 2mins max) all is well, the internet
becomes active and there's no problem. This is the Pipex USB 512
service. And since I installed it, my old dialup services (NTL,
Freenetname, Dialstart) behave just the same.

Can anyone suggest a way to improve this? Is there a setting I can
change? Or is it something to do with Pipex (seems unlikely given the
NTL etc performance).

--
David Brear

[email protected]
http://www.habitat.org.uk/news1.htm
Daily wildlife news from the British Isles

Old January 25th 04, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Woodsford

Try the Tweak Test on this site. Very useful for sorting out problems.

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
:
: Can anyone suggest a way to improve this? Is there a setting I can
: change? Or is it something to do with Pipex (seems unlikely given the
: NTL etc performance).
:
: --
: David Brear
:
: [email protected]
: http://www.habitat.org.uk/news1.htm
: Daily wildlife news from the British Isles
:
:

---

Old January 26th 04, 01:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Forgot to mention I've got ZoneAlarm 4.5 installed.

Could it be its trying to figure out where the DNS servers are etc ?
(windows, not ZA)