Wireless Router ADSL Modem to support Network Cameras

Old January 26th 04, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kathy Burke

Default Wireless Router ADSL Modem to support Network Cameras

I'm having BB installed in a couple of weeks - and I plan in time to add a
couple of network security cameras that will have static IP addresses.

I've read about wireless routers but I cannot tell whether all will work
with these cameras. I want to get a decent adsl modem / router / access
point. Can anyone suggest a quality product?

Finally it may be that the cameras will be away from the main router/modem -
do these simply connect to a seperate router/access point - and (a) will
this communicate happily with the modem/wireless router etc and (b) do I
need a special one to cope with static IP addresses?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kathy