Resetting a USR8054 wireless router

Old January 26th 04, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Thompson

Default Resetting a USR8054 wireless router

Hi all,

Not really sure if this is on-topic as the DSL part of the equation
works, and this bit doesn't... but there seem to be experienced people
that know things lurking around here, so I'll ask anyway...

I broke the routing table of my USR8054 over the weekend - I made it
route the subnet I use to talk to it on through to the WAN port. This
means I now can't change it back again, as I assume it is passing on
those requests to the WAN port instead!

"Not to worry," thinks I, "I'll do that 'reset to factory defaults'
thing the manual tells me about". All that does is make it ask for a
firmware upgrade. So I do that (to 1.17 if it helps), but still no
dice.

Anyone know how to reset this beast to its out of the box state? I've
mailed USR support, but I don't hold out much hope of a fast
response...

Thanks!
Martin

--
Martin Thompson

Old January 27th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson writes:
snip

Anyone know how to reset this beast to its out of the box state? I've
mailed USR support, but I don't hold out much hope of a fast
response...

Well, all credit to them, they responded last night with the correct
way to reset the box.

For future generations:
Hold reset in
wait for 10 secs