ADSL modem/router question

Old January 27th 04, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kathy Burke

Default ADSL modem/router question

I've read about wireless routers but I cannot tell whether all will work
with network cameras. I want to get a decent adsl modem / router / access
point. Can anyone suggest a quality product?

Old January 27th 04, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty

Kathy Burke wrote:
I've read about wireless routers but I cannot tell whether all will work
with network cameras. I want to get a decent adsl modem / router / access
point. Can anyone suggest a quality product?

is the camera wireless-enabled, or do you plug it into something?
Old January 27th 04, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kathy Burke

Thanks for your response.

I have a choice - and I'm trying to make things easy for myself. But it
seems to get more complicated the easier I try to make it!

I'm buying all the kit from scratch and want to set up a permanently "on"
netwrok camera security system - that uploads a stream and/or individual
images to a web site. I can choose between wireless enabled or one that
will plug into router - so I still have the choice. Two cameras will cover
what we want. I guess that if I choose those that plug into a wireless
router then this can then connect to a wireless adsl modem router.

Do you have and suggestions please?

"Rusty" [email protected] wrote in message
s.com...

Old January 27th 04, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Brown

"Kathy Burke" leavemealone wrote in message
Thanks for your response.

I have a choice - and I'm trying to make things easy for myself. But it
seems to get more complicated the easier I try to make it!

I'm buying all the kit from scratch and want to set up a permanently "on"
netwrok camera security system - that uploads a stream and/or individual
images to a web site. I can choose between wireless enabled or one that
will plug into router - so I still have the choice. Two cameras will cover
what we want. I guess that if I choose those that plug into a wireless
router then this can then connect to a wireless adsl modem router.

I have been on the look out for wireless (802.11) enabled webcams for the
same reason. If you have a link for these please can you post it here?

Old January 27th 04, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kathy Burke

Thanks - but this page pointed to information about cameras. I was looking
for help on adsl modem/ routers an access points for the cameras.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Kathy Burke wrote:

I've read about wireless routers but I cannot tell whether all will work
with network cameras. I want to get a decent adsl modem / router /

access
point. Can anyone suggest a quality product?

This may be closer to what you need:-

http://www.solwise.co.uk/webcams.htm

--
Cheers,