Demon Broadband

Old January 27th 04, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel Titley

Default Demon Broadband

I am planning to get broadband and I was looking at Demon as a
potential ISP.

Demon seems to get do well in the ADSLguide.org.uk, and is cheaper
than BT, Freeserve or AOL. But what does the group think?

Is Demon really a good deal? Are they value for money? Is there
customer service any good?

Any comments are appreciated
Old January 27th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Daniel
Titley writes
I am planning to get broadband and I was looking at Demon as a
potential ISP.

Demon seems to get do well in the ADSLguide.org.uk, and is cheaper
than BT, Freeserve or AOL. But what does the group think?

No problems here except a minor hiccup when my CC expired and they
didn't ask for the new number.

Is Demon really a good deal?

I've used them for years and had no major problems I couldn't live with.
Broadband seems great, no problems.
Are they value for money?

I like them.
Is there
customer service any good?

Technical, v.good, fast and knowledgeable. Customer services can be a
little flaky sometimes.

Any comments are appreciated

I use them, my customers use them, my family use them and I recommend
them. Others will disagree vehemently, your choice. As always, the
majority will stay silent and the vocal minority will shout out.
--
Clint Sharp
Old January 27th 04, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stockley

I have been on Demon BB for 3 mths, not drop outs and always logged on.
On day one switch on, my pasword was corrupted and a call to services in the
evening got me thru to a "human" techie who gave me a new password and its
been good ever since.

Whe I tried to get help from BT Openworld whe I was with them, all I got
was a standard could not care less email from them.

Very pleased with Demon
Dave

Old January 27th 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nwsy

Daniel Titley wrote:
I am planning to get broadband and I was looking at Demon as a
potential ISP.

Demon seems to get do well in the ADSLguide.org.uk, and is cheaper
than BT, Freeserve or AOL. But what does the group think?

Is Demon really a good deal? Are they value for money? Is there
customer service any good?

Any comments are appreciated

They're constantly upgrading a few isolated nodes, but you wouldn't notice
unless you're a nightowl, or leave massive stuff downloading overnight. The
newsserver isn't brilliant. Everything else is pretty much fine. Perfectly
good ISP.

--
Somebody sneaked in here and committed a neatness!

http://hedgewitch.blogspot.com

Old January 28th 04, 03:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In message , Daniel
Titley writes:

Is Demon really a good deal? Are they value for money? Is there
customer service any good?

If you are in any way unsure of what you want, or how to do it, Demon
might be a very good bet. They can accommodate almost everything.

However, they are a large ISP (and profitable, so won't go broke,
presumably) and that means they not so responsive to individual
problems. Getting past the helldesk (local call rate, good) to someone
who really understands can be problematic. I understand there are some
buzz-words.

I have been with Demon since late 1996 (some might remark a 'newbie')
and I would recommend them for many that are looking for a 'good' ISP.

It depends on what you mean by 'Good'.

I am delighted that my sister uses Demon, suits her perfectly. I'm
delighted my brother doesn't....

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)
Avoid more swen by dumping your old Usenet addresses, and
Old January 28th 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Ruben

In article , Simon Dean
writes
I had Demon for Dial Up. Weren't too bad. Then I wanted to migrate to
ADSL. They couldn't even acknowledge my order for at least a week, so I
cancelled and went to Plusnet that offer almost an identical service

with one exception, which I think important: Demon ADSL doesn't offer
free dialup backup, PlusNet do.

--
Tom
Old January 29th 04, 07:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Tom Ruben
writes
In article , Simon Dean
writes
I had Demon for Dial Up. Weren't too bad. Then I wanted to migrate to
ADSL. They couldn't even acknowledge my order for at least a week, so I
cancelled and went to Plusnet that offer almost an identical service

with one exception, which I think important: Demon ADSL doesn't offer
free dialup backup, PlusNet do.

Ah, good point, not needed it yet, but good point all the same.
--
Clint Sharp
Old January 29th 04, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , Jim Crowther
writes
I have been with Demon since late 1996 (some might remark a 'newbie')
and I would recommend them for many that are looking for a 'good' ISP.

Newbie ;-)

A decade on Demon dialup. 10 days on Demon broadband. So far so
good......

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'