Newbie Question

Old January 27th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Finister

Default Newbie Question

Hi there

Was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have bought a wi-fi enabled Centrino laptop and would like to access my BT
Broadband via a wireless connection.

I'm useless at networking, but know that I can get an ADSL router and this
will replace my "frog" modem and allow me to roam around the house whilst
surfing. It will also give firewall protection and the like...

Now...I have found loads on the 'Net, but can only find one that allows a
USB printer to be connected to it.

I have an HP that only connects via USB and would like to access this
wirelessly.

So...anyone any ideas on the best way that I can:

Surf wirelessly
Use my USB printer wirelessly

Just wondering...if I cannot do the printer, then I'll be happy
surfing...but printing would be useful, especially if something on the 'Net
needs printing off.

All help gratefully received,

Many thanks in advance

Mike Finister

Old January 28th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"Mike Finister" wrote in message
So...anyone any ideas on the best way that I can:

Surf wirelessly
Use my USB printer wirelessly

Wireless print servers with a single USB interface are available. Then you
can use any wireless router with built-in ADSL modem. Also means that the
printer does not have to be located next to the router.