Nildram broadband

Old January 28th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matthew

Default Nildram broadband

We have been using Nildram for several remote users' dial-up connections for
a year or so.

Does anyone have experience of Nildram's Broadband service?

The dial-up has given us above-average problems with connection issues and
the customer support has been poor, but I'm aware that they may well be no
better or no worse than others.

Thanks

Old January 28th 04, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Matthew" wrote in message
We have been using Nildram for several remote users' dial-up connections

for
a year or so.

Does anyone have experience of Nildram's Broadband service?

The dial-up has given us above-average problems with connection issues and
the customer support has been poor, but I'm aware that they may well be no
better or no worse than others.

Thanks

I am on it and its very good. I haven't had any problems with it yet (touch
wood)
Currently on a 1mb line

Gaz

Old January 28th 04, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matthew

I am on it and its very good. I haven't had any problems with it yet
(touch
wood) Currently on a 1mb line

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you ever have any problems with loss of
connection?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking for a fixed-IP so that our remote
home-based people can dial-up to the Internet and retrieve their mail from
our Exchange Server at head-office.

Obviously if the connection isn't 100% or near enough, our people will have
an excuse to moan!

Thanks.

Old January 28th 04, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Matthew" wrote in message
I am on it and its very good. I haven't had any problems with it yet

(touch
wood) Currently on a 1mb line

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you ever have any problems with loss of
connection?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking for a fixed-IP so that our remote
home-based people can dial-up to the Internet and retrieve their mail from
our Exchange Server at head-office.

Obviously if the connection isn't 100% or near enough, our people will

have
an excuse to moan!

Thanks.

I have never had any connection loss. The only connection problem i had was
when my router decided to turn itself of.
I was on the verge of phoning nildram to have a moan, when i noticed no
lights on the front of the router.

Excellent ISP

Gaz

Old January 28th 04, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

" I have never had any connection loss. The only connection problem i had
was
when my router decided to turn itself of.
I was on the verge of phoning nildram to have a moan, when i noticed no
lights on the front of the router.

Excellent ISP

Gaz

Same here with me... 1mb in the office and 512 at home... ver occasional
dropouts.. mainly at night. Current sync time = 256 hrs at home.

James

Old January 28th 04, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Loades

In message , Matthew
writes

Does anyone have experience of Nildram's Broadband service?

The dial-up has given us above-average problems with connection issues and
the customer support has been poor, but I'm aware that they may well be no
better or no worse than others.

I've used them for 18 months, initially using a USB ADSL modem I
encountered occasional disconnection's. As soon as I bought a router
the connection was rock solid.

Only had to call support a couple of times and it's always been above
average on professionalism and knowledge. Definitely one of the best
ISP's I've used.
--
Malcolm

Old January 28th 04, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:08:19 +0000 (UTC), "Matthew"
wrote:

I am on it and its very good. I haven't had any problems with it yet

(touch
wood) Currently on a 1mb line

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you ever have any problems with loss of
connection?

Rarely, but it does happen, I used see similar when I had DSL from Easynet
a few years back.

The reason I ask is that I'm looking for a fixed-IP so that our remote
home-based people can dial-up to the Internet and retrieve their mail from
our Exchange Server at head-office.

With a 256k return path, you better start thinking about traffic shaping as
well.

Obviously if the connection isn't 100% or near enough, our people will have
an excuse to moan!

Assuming your exchange is un bundled get an SDSL connection instead, you
can get a proper SLA with them unlike the standard DSL.

greg

Thanks.

--
You do a lot less thundering in the pulpit against the Harlot
after she marches right down the aisle and kicks you in the nuts.
Old January 28th 04, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:41:03 +0000 (UTC), "Matthew"
wrote:

We have been using Nildram for several remote users' dial-up connections for
a year or so.

Does anyone have experience of Nildram's Broadband service?

On their biz tarriff here, service has been good.

greg

Old January 28th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless

"Matthew" wrote in message

|| We have been using Nildram for several remote users' dial-up
|| connections for a year or so.
|| Does anyone have experience of Nildram's Broadband service?
|| The dial-up has given us above-average problems with connection
|| issues and the customer support has been poor, but I'm aware that
|| they may well be no better or no worse than others.
|| Thanks

Guess I have to be the sole negative report, customer services is spotty,
you need to try best of 3 to get a person who knows what he is talking
about, too happy to trot out excuses. Otherwise good. Also had quite a few
problems with authentication server over Sept to Dec, claim is now sorted
but your mileage may vary.

S. Althaf