A v. cheap web hosting ISP

Old January 28th 04, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julian Knight

Default A v. cheap web hosting ISP

In message , Peter
writes

Apologies as this isn't strictly "broadband"...

I have an occassional requirement to put up a very small website, one
or two text pages and some graphics, total perhaps 100k. After a year
or two it gets deleted.

Normally I used Freeserve for this; the downside of FS is that they
get paid by a rakeoff from BT so one had to directly dial them (modem)
to ftp the stuff; I need to ftp the data from my normal ISP. So
clearly I need to pay for this! But it needs to be very cheap, pref.
not as much as 5/month. Also FS have changed their webspace structure
and last time I spent hours trying to knock up such a website
unsuccessfully...

One .co.uk domain needs also to be hosted although I can do this via a
www redirection service e.g. Clicknames.net if necessary. That will
cost extra I know.

UK Web Solutions Direct.

20 PER YEAR + Domain cost (I pay 6 per year).

Provides hosting space and lots of other facilities including your own
mail server.

--
Julian Knight,
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom.