MAC address problem with Tiscali

Old January 28th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
matthew bristow

Default MAC address problem with Tiscali

Hello
I've had Tiscali broadband for the last month. I started by installing their
USB modem and then a week or so later replaced that with an Ethernet modem.
Then a couple of weeks later my internet connection was dropped (whilst I
was away so I didn't change any settings). I haven't been able to get the
Ethernet modem working again although the old USB modem works fine. The
ethernet modem (a Netgear DM602) appears to be working fine (the lights are
all on correctly). I have rebooted the modem and PC many times and checked
all the settings but got nowhere. I can only think of 2 things: 1. The modem
has a hardware problem (which seems very unlikely as it's only 2 weeks old)
or 2. Tiscali are blocking the MAC address of the Ethernet modem all of a
sudden. Unfortunately Tiscali technical support are very difficult to get
hold of and very unhelpful. If I can't get the problem sorted out I think I
either have to return the modem or switch to a more helpful ISP.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Matt

Old January 28th 04, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

"matthew bristow" [email protected] wrote in message
[...]

Have you tried connecting using the BT wholesale test details???
it may be worth trying them, username: [email protected]_domain
no password.

Andrew