adsl modem - dabs vs ebuyer ?

Old January 28th 04, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www

Default adsl modem - dabs vs ebuyer ?

which one is better? the value adsl modem (1-port or 4-port) from dabs or
ebuyer?

Old January 28th 04, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:54:04 -0000, "www" wrote:

which one is better? the value adsl modem (1-port or 4-port) from dabs or
ebuyer?

If you want to prop the coffee table up, either will be fine.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old January 28th 04, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
F F Skitty

"www" wrote in message ...
which one is better? the value adsl modem (1-port or 4-port) from dabs or
ebuyer?

I don't know about the particular product, but I have personally used dabs
for years for a variety of purchases and they have always proved reliable.

Old January 29th 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BRG

"www" wrote in :

which one is better? the value adsl modem (1-port or 4-port)
from dabs or ebuyer?

You state "1-port or 4-port", so I assume you are actually after a
broadband modem router. This is a relatively complex networking
device based on an embedded microprocessor system running dedicated
software aka firmware. Software contains bugs and therefore
sometimes needs updating to fix problems. The 'value' products
offered are typically unbranded devices with little after-sales
support.

I purchase from both Dabs and eBuyer and have no issues with either
as a reputable retailer. I would choose a branded product for such
a device as a broadband modem router. I also buy 'value' products,
but only commodity, low-cost, well-defined items e.g. mouse or
keyboard.

--
BRG
===
Old January 29th 04, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mr

have been using ebuyer for years with out a problem.
used dabs once but got non stop crap (not in stock).
my m8s have used dabs 1/2 say its ok rest say its S***
never had a m8 moan about ebuyer
u have been warned

Old January 29th 04, 01:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:03:57 -0000, "mr" wrote:

have been using ebuyer for years with out a problem.
used dabs once but got non stop crap (not in stock).
my m8s have used dabs 1/2 say its ok rest say its S***
never had a m8 moan about ebuyer
u have been warned

Can't you construct proper words and sentences with capital letters
and the like?

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old January 29th 04, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

"www" wrote in message ...
which one is better? the value adsl modem (1-port or 4-port) from dabs or
ebuyer?

I suspect theres not much in it, assuming the specs are roughly the same.
I'd recommend getting a branded one. This way you may get firmware or
driver updates.

Old January 29th 04, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
HamMan

"www" wrote in message ...
which one is better? the value adsl modem (1-port or 4-port) from dabs or
ebuyer?

well, i have adabs one blinking next to me waiting for a carrier at the
moment, it uses the same connexant chipset as virtually all others.

its a re-branded PTI one if it helps you (PAE-CE84 to be more specific)

hamman

Old January 30th 04, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

You only need to watch childrens television, or listen to Radio 1 to know
why we are becoming a nation of illiterates.
If Sara Cox ever moves to Radio 4, I'll be selling *ALL* of my radios.

Thank god i`m not the only one who wants to see her removed from any form
of mass-communication :-p

10 seconds of her voice is enough to make me want to drive into a wall...