Any ISPs with no contract and no-set-up fee?

Old January 28th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Finisterre

Default Any ISPs with no contract and no-set-up fee?

I already have a USB DSL modem, and just want to set up with a second
broadband ISP while I am tempoarily living away from home.

Thanks,

Fred.

Old January 28th 04, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Fred Finisterre wrote:
I already have a USB DSL modem, and just want to set up with a second
broadband ISP while I am tempoarily living away from home.

I think Virgin run a month to month broadband
http://www.virgin.net/customers/inte...ess/broadband/

Old January 29th 04, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred Finisterre

I think Virgin run a month to month broadband
http://www.virgin.net/customers/inte...ess/broadband/

Thanks. Looks good, but they're not accepting new sign-ups at the mo.

Fred.

Old January 29th 04, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Fred Finisterre wrote:
I think Virgin run a month to month broadband
http://www.virgin.net/customers/inte...ess/broadband/

Thanks. Looks good, but they're not accepting new sign-ups at the mo.

Oh? Sorry about that I thought they had lifted that a few weeks ago. Maybe
you have to sign up as a pay go user first?
check www.ispreview.co.uk for broadband suppliers, I havent been there in a
while, but I think they list suppliers and tell you what sort of contract to
expect. There are a few other month by month suppliers, I think maybe plus
net is one of them. www.plus.net

Old January 31st 04, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lighterboy

Plusnet have a 70 setup fee.
NDO offer 24.99 a month, no setup fee, 1 month contract - www.ndodsl.com

Old January 31st 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:56:27 +0000, Fred Finisterre wrote:

I already have a USB DSL modem, and just want to set up with a second
broadband ISP while I am tempoarily living away from home.

Thanks,

Fred.

Metronet do 3 months contract and pay as you go broadband. They do have a
setup fee, but then all ISP's make you pay the BT setup one way or
another, same as you pay a little extra for your ' free' mobile contract
phone every month.

Dave