Nildram broadband

Old January 29th 04, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Matthew

Default Nildram broadband

Greg Hennessy wrote:
Assuming your exchange is un bundled get an SDSL connection instead [snip]

Thanks for that reply. I would be very grateful if you could clarify what
you mean by exchange. With a small 'e', I presume you're referring to the
local 'phone exchange and not Exchange.

you can get a proper SLA with them unlike the standard DSL.

Is this SDSL product the means of obtaining increased upload bandwidth? Is
one limited in terms of the suppliers providing this?

Regards

Matthew

Old January 29th 04, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:38:42 +0000 (UTC), "Matthew"
wrote:

Greg Hennessy wrote:
Assuming your exchange is un bundled get an SDSL connection instead [snip]

Thanks for that reply. I would be very grateful if you could clarify what
you mean by exchange. With a small 'e', I presume you're referring to the
local 'phone exchange and not Exchange.

Yes.

you can get a proper SLA with them unlike the standard DSL.

Is this SDSL product the means of obtaining increased upload bandwidth?

That's what the 'S' means, Synchronous.

Is
one limited in terms of the suppliers providing this?

Most of the larger ISMs have unbundled DSL products.

greg

--
You do a lot less thundering in the pulpit against the Harlot
after she marches right down the aisle and kicks you in the nuts.
Old January 29th 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David J Rainey

In article ,
says...
That's what the 'S' means, Synchronous.

Not Symmetric?

rgds

David

Old January 29th 04, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:02:59 -0000, David J Rainey
wrote:

In article ,
says...
That's what the 'S' means, Synchronous.