broadband electricity.

Old January 29th 04, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default broadband electricity.

Some months ago, Southern Electric announced they were doing trials of
briadband through the electricity lines. This would enabled everyone to get
the service who has electricity.
I see now on the website they having pricing options, which they didnt have
before. 29.99 a month for 1mb service.
Sounds great, but does anyone know if the scheme has been rolled out
nationally yet? I am going to give them a ring, but would ask in here first
if anyone has any more information. Thanks all.

Old January 29th 04, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:20:47 +0000 (UTC), "Beck"
wrote:

Some months ago, Southern Electric announced they were doing trials of
briadband through the electricity lines. This would enabled everyone to get
the service who has electricity.
I see now on the website they having pricing options, which they didnt have
before. 29.99 a month for 1mb service.
Sounds great, but does anyone know if the scheme has been rolled out
nationally yet?

Nationally - no.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old January 29th 04, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jester

"Beck" wrote in message
Some months ago, Southern Electric announced they were doing trials of
briadband through the electricity lines. This would enabled everyone to

get
the service who has electricity.
I see now on the website they having pricing options, which they didnt

have
before. 29.99 a month for 1mb service.
Sounds great, but does anyone know if the scheme has been rolled out
nationally yet? I am going to give them a ring, but would ask in here

first
if anyone has any more information. Thanks all.

Its only available in Winchester at the moment on a trial basis, other =
areas (all over the UK) will be rolled out in due course. According to =
their customer services, an announcement is imminent via the website. =
Are you watching BT ? Are you watching? I hope so!

Old January 29th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:47:29 +0000 (UTC), "Jester"
wrote:

Its only available in Winchester at the moment on a trial basis, other =
areas (all over the UK) will be rolled out in due course. According to =
their customer services, an announcement is imminent via the website. =
Are you watching BT ? Are you watching? I hope so!

They are and I bet they aren't too bothered. At least until this new
service is actually made available.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old January 29th 04, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Beck wrote:

Some months ago, Southern Electric announced they were doing trials of
briadband through the electricity lines. This would enabled everyone
to get the service who has electricity.
I see now on the website they having pricing options, which they
didnt have before. 29.99 a month for 1mb service.
Sounds great, but does anyone know if the scheme has been rolled out
nationally yet? I am going to give them a ring, but would ask in
here first if anyone has any more information. Thanks all.

This type of service was first mooted several years ago - before BT rolled
out their ADSL network - but appeared to have died a death due to technical
difficulties. It is interesting that it seems to have re-appeared. I imagine
that rolling it out country-wide could be quite a long term affair.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old January 29th 04, 03:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Jester wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message
Some months ago, Southern Electric announced they were doing trials
of briadband through the electricity lines. This would enabled
everyone to get the service who has electricity.
I see now on the website they having pricing options, which they
didnt have before. 29.99 a month for 1mb service.
Sounds great, but does anyone know if the scheme has been rolled out
nationally yet? I am going to give them a ring, but would ask in
here first if anyone has any more information. Thanks all.

Its only available in Winchester at the moment on a trial basis,
other = areas (all over the UK) will be rolled out in due course.
According to = their customer services, an announcement is imminent
via the website. = Are you watching BT ? Are you watching? I
hope so!

Looking deeper into their website, its has now been trialled in 4 areas.
Some towns in the areas have a full service. I guess it is going to take a
long time.

Old January 29th 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hill

First done in the uk by Norweb. It was cancelled mainly because other
Electricity suppliers would not cooperate for a national agreement. Now BT
has announced ADSL for all (except outlying areas of Scotland) by 2005, I
can't se it being a success

Peter

"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message
Beck wrote:

[...]

---

Old January 29th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Thompson

In message , Beck
writes

Jester wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message
[...]

A number of countries have now stopped all power line broadband due to
an unacceptable level of HF radio interference. Anyone with an interest
in HF communications should hope that PLT doesn't happen anywhere near
them.
--
Les
Old January 29th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

In article ,
(Les Thompson) wrote:

In message , Beck
writes

Jester wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message
[...]

Very much so !!! I pray it doesn't happen in this country.

- Steve (G0LFP)

10km or more : no .sig
Old January 30th 04, 08:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Beck" wrote in message
Some months ago, Southern Electric announced they were doing trials of
briadband through the electricity lines. This would enabled everyone to

get
the service who has electricity.
I see now on the website they having pricing options, which they didnt

have
before. 29.99 a month for 1mb service.
Sounds great, but does anyone know if the scheme has been rolled out
nationally yet? I am going to give them a ring, but would ask in here

first
if anyone has any more information. Thanks all.

I've filled out the register an interest form so lets see what happens. BT
can't supply cos I'm too far from the exchange. There is a substation 10
minutes walk away though so maybe.....