Metronet.co.uk

Old January 30th 04, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Default Metronet.co.uk

I am thinking of using these guys. PAYG broadband sounds very reasonable.
Has anyone used them. Are they good. Any views will be appreciated

Old January 30th 04, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linus Surguy

"Tony" wrote:

I am thinking of using these guys. PAYG broadband sounds very reasonable.
Has anyone used them. Are they good. Any views will be appreciated

I've had perfect service from them. Only complaint is that it has been a little
slow over the early part of this week, but they did advise this in advance due
to some upgrades that were going on.

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5p South Africa 8p US, France, Germany Italy 3p
Looking for VoIP? We will gateway SIP & IAX to and from the PSTN.
Old January 30th 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
J.Neuhoff

Tony wrote:

I am thinking of using these guys. PAYG broadband sounds very reasonable.
Has anyone used them. Are they good. Any views will be appreciated

See
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/ce...ils&itemid=234
for a review of Metronet.

J.Neuhoff

Old January 30th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

Not bad but the prices do not include VAT that can make it as expensive as
the rest..

Old January 30th 04, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:43:31 -0000, "PhilÅ"
wrote:

Not bad but the prices do not include VAT that can make it as expensive as
the rest..

VAT is only 17.5% so for moderate or low users it is still cheaper
than *anything* other ADSL product. Its not the cheapest for heavy
use, obviously.

Phil
Old January 30th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ed

Tony wrote:
I am thinking of using these guys. PAYG broadband sounds very
reasonable. Has anyone used them. Are they good. Any views will be
appreciated

Service is excellent. Probably only worth it if you are a low to moderate
user. My monthly bill for using around 50 Mbytes per day is £15.

ed

--
"Beer me"

Old January 30th 04, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

Agreed it is a good deal, especially if you go on holiday for a few weeks
every now and again.

Also I hear the customer support is very good indeed.

Well worth taking the plunge.

Oh btw your team are going to get a stuffing tomorrow..

Old January 30th 04, 08:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Tony wrote:
I am thinking of using these guys. PAYG broadband sounds very reasonable.
Has anyone used them. Are they good. Any views will be appreciated

There are a few reviews he
http://www.net4nowt.com/rating/view_...asp?ISP_ID=579

--
http://www.net4nowtforum.co.uk - Internet access, computer problems or
just want a chat?
Old January 31st 04, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Blunt

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:31:42 -0000, "Tony" wrote:

I am thinking of using these guys. PAYG broadband sounds very reasonable.
Has anyone used them. Are they good. Any views will be appreciated

I've been using them for the last couple of months and they've been
fine. I migrated to them from BT because I spend large amounts of time
overseas so I only have to pay £10 a month while I'm away.

Chris

Old January 31st 04, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:01:25 +0000, PhilÅ wrote:

Agreed it is a good deal, especially if you go on holiday for a few weeks
every now and again.

Also I hear the customer support is very good indeed.

Well worth taking the plunge.

Customer technical support is excellent, they know what they are talking
about and also they are one of the few who admit to using and will answer
questions on Linux.

Dave