US Robotics Routers - Any good?

Old January 30th 04, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Dempster

Default US Robotics Routers - Any good?

Aaafternoon all!

I'm hoping for some input on my choice of ADSL Router.

I've just signed up to Pipex 'Wires Only' service, so I now have to choose
my own DSL Router. I've only got one desktop and an old laptop, both of
which have 100MB/sec Ethernet cards in them. Wireless is not really a
requirement for me right now.

So, I was thinking of getting the US Robotics USR9105 four-port Router.

Anyone care to advise me on this model for Pipex? I've chosen it simply
because I've had very good experiences with US Robotics in the past (and it
doesn't look like a frog!)

The other option that I've considered is the NetGear DG834.

Opinions on either of these possible choices would be most welcomed!

Regards

Alan

Old February 3rd 04, 12:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Dempster

Thanks Rod.

Any advice on where to get hold of these 9106 jobbies?

Cheers

Alan

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
In article , Alan Dempster
wrote:
I've just signed up to Pipex 'Wires Only' service, so I now have to

choose
my own DSL Router. I've only got one desktop and an old laptop, both of
which have 100MB/sec Ethernet cards in them. Wireless is not really a
requirement for me right now.

So, I was thinking of getting the US Robotics USR9105 four-port Router.

Anyone care to advise me on this model for Pipex? I've chosen it simply
because I've had very good experiences with US Robotics in the past (and

it
doesn't look like a frog!)

I've been testing a US Robotics 9106, which is probably the same as the

one
you're considering but with wireless, and it performs very well. It works
with a Broadcom built-in wireless unit in one laptop, and a US Robotics

plug
in PCMCIA card in another. The dial-up modem I've used for many years (and
still keep in case ADSL fails) is also US Robotics, and I've had no

problems
with any of them, so I guess it is a good make.

Rod.