BT Openworld and Wireless Linksys ADSL Router

Old January 30th 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Finister

Default BT Openworld and Wireless Linksys ADSL Router

Hi

Got a big problem.

Just bought a Linksys WAG54G from NickKnows.com and it doesn't work!

I can get my Centrino laptop to talk to it wirelessly...and can use that or
a ethernet cable to browse onto the admin web page...but it will not find
ADSL.

It says that the gateway should not be linked through a filter but directly
to the wall socket...pretty clever trick considering the end of the cable is
NOT a BT phone jack!

So...

I've tried to put it into the microfilter that came with my green stingray
modem...the ADSL just flashes.

I've tried to plug it in via an RJ-- BT Socket adapter that came with my
laptop...the ADSL just flashes.

I followed the guide for BT ADSL...and the ADSL just flashes!!!

The stingray works OK...hence why I can post this message...but this thing
doesn't!

Anyone set up something similar...and if so how did you get it to work?

Very frustrated here and not a clue what to do.

HELP!!!

Many thanks

Mike Finister

Old January 31st 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"Mike Finister" wrote in message
[...]

Have you set it up correctly? and entered your username and password
correctly ?

As with most routers its plug and play YOU do need to set it up.

Ian

Old February 1st 04, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB

I've recently got a WAG54G and all OK.
Just a thought, you've not used the RJ11 type cable from your existing modem
to present the ADSL line to the router, have you?
There is a chance the pinout could be different, so use the black cable that
came with the router, and plug that into your microfilter.

I've rang the Linksys tech support, to enquire about a new firmware update
(now on v1.05.01) and they seem helpful.
So give them a try. 0870 7393939.

Mike