Recommend a non wireless router

Old January 30th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

Default Recommend a non wireless router

Looking for a adsl router/modem for home to use with 2/3 pc's
Any recomendations

Old February 4th 04, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Mike wrote:
Looking for a adsl router/modem for home to use with 2/3 pc's
Any recomendations

The SAR-130 from Solwise seems ok. Stability could be better (it's
locked up once or twice when I've been playing with the web interface)
but it has a good set of features.

The SpeedTouch 510v4 is alright, as well. It's powerful and never, ever
seems to crash but it has a rubbish set of features. The latest (and
only) new firmware release has a few new things like SNMP and multi NAT
but it still lacks basic things like being able to control the firewall
rules through the web interface.

They're the only routers I have so I won't comment on the others. Do
read the reviews on ADSLguide tho'.

--
Alexander Mann