Wireless Router?

Old January 31st 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dMac

Default Wireless Router?

I have currently HomeHighway, the USB type, and run a wireless network at
hom ein ad-hoc mode. My exchange is fast approaching trigger level and I'd
like to get a wireless router and modem.

What I'd like is to get one that is compatable with ISDN now and then be
able to use it with ADSL in a couple of months time.

I have 2 BT Voyager 1010 USB adaptors and a 1020 in the laptop.

Any recommendations, or would I be better to wait?

dMac.

Old January 31st 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:58:40 +0000 (UTC), "dMac"
wrote:

Any recommendations, or would I be better to wait?

there is an ADSL wireless modem router combo with ISDN fallback,
http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2600we.html (scroll to bottom
for the ISDN info). That would meet current and future needs.
http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/router_compare.shtml helps migrate
the options.

Is it worth it ? depends what the cost of the alternative is.

Phil
Old February 1st 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB

I'd say wait.
You're not likely to be keeping your ISDN/Highway service when ADSL is
available, so why fork out the extra expense for a router with ISDN TA built
in.

Note also, although your local exchange maybe "fast approaching" it's
trigger level, it could be around 3 months after that before the exchange
upgrade work is completed.
In other words, the Ready for Service (RFS) date is the one to look out for.

Mike