Mutiple Uplink Bonding

Old January 31st 04, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mike

Default Mutiple Uplink Bonding

They may seem like a silly question, but if I wanted to acheive fast upload
speeds by bonding 4 x 512/256kbps lines, does this mean I need 4 seperate
phone lines installed(ie, 4 sockets)? and 4 seperate accounts with an ISP?

Old January 31st 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:24:58 -0000, "mike"
wrote:

They may seem like a silly question, but if I wanted to acheive fast upload
speeds by bonding 4 x 512/256kbps lines, does this mean I need 4 seperate
phone lines installed(ie, 4 sockets)? and 4 seperate accounts with an ISP?

You will certainly need four telephone lines. How many accounts with
an ISP will depend upon the ISP - I have one account with an ISP
covering over a dozen ADSL services.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old January 31st 04, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless

"mike" wrote in message

|| They may seem like a silly question, but if I wanted to acheive fast
|| upload speeds by bonding 4 x 512/256kbps lines, does this mean I
|| need 4 seperate phone lines installed(ie, 4 sockets)? and 4 seperate
|| accounts with an ISP?

Currently Andrews & Arnold offer bonding as do Nildram.
Am in touch with Bulldog who are trialling it, very early stages though and
aimed at SMB's though.

You will need 4 ADSL connections if that is what you mean by accounts.
Or if you are looking at DIY, search Google for archives of this group,
discussed in detail last year.

S. Althaf

Old February 1st 04, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ROS

"mike" wrote in message
They may seem like a silly question, but if I wanted to acheive fast

upload
speeds by bonding 4 x 512/256kbps lines, does this mean I need 4 seperate
phone lines installed(ie, 4 sockets)? and 4 seperate accounts with an ISP?

You may find this helpful.

I use the two port version for load balancing

http://www.edimax.com/html/english/products/BR-6541.htm

ROS